Monday, September 25, 2006

Lonely

I'm not one of those women that subscribes to the school of "my life is not complete without a man" but every now and then I do get a twinge and miss having one around.

I wrote this like a month or two ago in a moment of frustration - (I'd had a whole day of basing from my friends thinking I'm anti-men). I just poured it all out and promptly forgot about it. It's not really me or how I feel in general more like a snapshot of how I felt at that particular time.


Lonely

It’s the little things I miss …
Like having someone to talk to at night
Listening to his voice as it deepens into that growly sexy drawl cos he’s tired
Calling him up at 1am to moan "I can’t sleep!"

It’s getting home from work and knowing I don’t want to spend the night alone
Packing a bag with change of underwear and my toothbrush and heading down to his
It’s cuddling up on the sofa watching tv and fighting for the remote
Or battling my eyelids at him “baby, I want some ice-cream” knowing full well he has to run out to the nearest store to get me some.

I miss needing to question - What do we mean to each other? What are we doing? Where is this going?
I miss being able to hug and kiss hello and goodbye
I miss the inability to keep my eyes open when his lips brush mine
I miss the feel of his fingers which over time have mastered the art of pushing the RIGHT buttons,
I miss having him play with my hair and stroke my back for hours on end …

DAMN!!!! I WANT A BOYFRIEND!!!!

No comments: