White & Red Mornings.
It’s snowing. Thick fluffy big flakes, floating gently to the ground … then turning to slush. This morning I woke up and I saw white, then I saw red. Those colours have followed me around all day.
I hate mornings. I seriously believe they are meant to be slept in (if I had my way – I’d never wake up before 12). I therefore try and sleep as much as possible during the week. Weekends, I triple-dare anyone to call me before 12 and see what happens. Morning sleep? I’m very possessive about it. My alarm goes off intermittently for about an hour before I get out of bed.
This morning, even before my alarm went off, Mummy dearest burst into my room with a blinding flash of light. I didn’t sleep till 3am last night and she woke me up before 7. I was too shocked to even be angry but I’m feeling it now. She was looking for her hair straighteners and proceeded to rummage through my room, before making me get out of bed. All to no avail, as we didn’t find the damn things anyway.
I was trying, desperately trying, to get back to sleep when the first alarm went off. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH! That was it. No more sleep. Up a full hour before I’m supposed to do because of that vain …………….
NOT HAPPY!!!!
So I got out of bed and I saw red. Everywhere. My nightwear, my bed sheets, even my damn duvet. Oh lord! Great. Just fucking great. I even completely forgot about my annoyance with my mother thought she tried her best efforts.
The woman spent 15mins, (while I was hopping and skipping for the bathroom), putting on her make-up. I mean who is she making all this stupid effort for? She’s turned into one of those pretty girls (Pretty Girls – women who ALWAYS make an effort even at 7am on a Saturday. Hair done, make-up perfect, clothes pristine).
I finally got cleaned up and washed everything and went to get dressed. Then I saw white. A white blanket of snow outside my window, with those chunky flakes floating past … beautiful. I got dressed and headed out and saw slush and wet mud. I spent 15 mins (instead of the normal 5), picking my feet so I wouldn’t slip on the icy patches, trying to get to the bus stop. I see a bus coming and start waving my freezing gloveless fingers so he’ll see me and stop. The FUCKING WANKER TOSSER BASTARD (who I spent 10 mins she-kpe-ing for (she-kpe-ing = cursing – only that he will have a very shitty day)), just sped past me and didn’t stop. AND HE CANT SAY HE DIDN’T SEE ME!!! Oloshi, bastard.
I now spent a further 10 mins trying to get to the station. I was ofcourse late (later than usual I should say) but I finally got into work. I popped unto my desk and guess what? I’m sitting directly under an air conditioner that is BLOWING COLD AIR!!! It is FUCKING SNOWING OUTSIDE and the air-conditioners are on. I’m wearing 5 layers and I’m still flipping cold!
So yeah. I am not happy. Not happy at all. What a way to start my return to posting. Hope you’re all having a better day than I am.
I hate mornings. I seriously believe they are meant to be slept in (if I had my way – I’d never wake up before 12). I therefore try and sleep as much as possible during the week. Weekends, I triple-dare anyone to call me before 12 and see what happens. Morning sleep? I’m very possessive about it. My alarm goes off intermittently for about an hour before I get out of bed.
This morning, even before my alarm went off, Mummy dearest burst into my room with a blinding flash of light. I didn’t sleep till 3am last night and she woke me up before 7. I was too shocked to even be angry but I’m feeling it now. She was looking for her hair straighteners and proceeded to rummage through my room, before making me get out of bed. All to no avail, as we didn’t find the damn things anyway.
I was trying, desperately trying, to get back to sleep when the first alarm went off. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH! That was it. No more sleep. Up a full hour before I’m supposed to do because of that vain …………….
NOT HAPPY!!!!
So I got out of bed and I saw red. Everywhere. My nightwear, my bed sheets, even my damn duvet. Oh lord! Great. Just fucking great. I even completely forgot about my annoyance with my mother thought she tried her best efforts.
The woman spent 15mins, (while I was hopping and skipping for the bathroom), putting on her make-up. I mean who is she making all this stupid effort for? She’s turned into one of those pretty girls (Pretty Girls – women who ALWAYS make an effort even at 7am on a Saturday. Hair done, make-up perfect, clothes pristine).
I finally got cleaned up and washed everything and went to get dressed. Then I saw white. A white blanket of snow outside my window, with those chunky flakes floating past … beautiful. I got dressed and headed out and saw slush and wet mud. I spent 15 mins (instead of the normal 5), picking my feet so I wouldn’t slip on the icy patches, trying to get to the bus stop. I see a bus coming and start waving my freezing gloveless fingers so he’ll see me and stop. The FUCKING WANKER TOSSER BASTARD (who I spent 10 mins she-kpe-ing for (she-kpe-ing = cursing – only that he will have a very shitty day)), just sped past me and didn’t stop. AND HE CANT SAY HE DIDN’T SEE ME!!! Oloshi, bastard.
I now spent a further 10 mins trying to get to the station. I was ofcourse late (later than usual I should say) but I finally got into work. I popped unto my desk and guess what? I’m sitting directly under an air conditioner that is BLOWING COLD AIR!!! It is FUCKING SNOWING OUTSIDE and the air-conditioners are on. I’m wearing 5 layers and I’m still flipping cold!
So yeah. I am not happy. Not happy at all. What a way to start my return to posting. Hope you’re all having a better day than I am.


10 comments:
I have to say, I'm a big fan of snow so I can never have a bad day when it's been snowing, but there was definitely something up with the buses in London today. For the first time ever, 4 buses went past my stop, completely full and didn't stop ... very annoying, and like you said it was freezing!
Seriously, I think the people you work with can't possible be human, how can you have the airconditioner on, on one of the coldest days of the year!!!
Oh, stop hating on your mummy because she's pretty and makes the effort.
hehe! i had a rotten day too! and Lord knows i feel you on the snoozing for at least an hour after the alarm goes!
Hmm....let me see if I can top yours..here goes...
I slipped and fell on my behind three times before getting to the station which is approx 2 minutes away from my house! I forgot my umbrella on the tube possibly because I was so pissed off the journey took an hour and ten minutes instead of 30mins! It was my first day on this job (the joys of temping eh?), I got lost trying to find the damn place and almost got run over by a car in the process. I turned up an hour late and nearly ruined the company's monthly reconciliations by the end of the day. I came home to a stropy sister and an empty fridge. Now im drinking jack daniels with no coke and reading other peoples blogs....
Do I get the last brownie?? :-)
and i agree with vicky (nice pic girl..you look like such a sweetheart).....DONT HATE ON YOUR MAMA!!
lolllllllll - nah I cant hate on her not when she really went out of her way for me last night.
Thanks guys. YIB - hearing that you slipped 3 times and cheered me up enormously :-D
LOL @ YIB!!! Pele!!!
Noni, good to have you back... Sorry about your morning.
I didn't enjoy yesterday in the snow. I almost fell running for the bus and spent ages on the underground cos of delays... then someone 'fell ill' on the tube and we waited 20 minutes to leave the station!
I DO NOT LIKE bus drivers in London, they get on my last nerves!
Have a nice weekend!
Oh dear. I really hope it gets better. I used to fall in snow all the time. Then again, i fall all the time so maybe i am just really susceptible to falling.....LOL
Pls slap the maintenance manager of your building for me! its cold in my office today too! Hope you have a better day tomorrow!
noni,
wasn't sure a guy could comment under a post about 'red' mornings, but that bit about shepe-ing for the bus driver that didnt stop, put a smile on my face just like the one you wrote about cussin' out the 'banger' throwing boys in Lagos.
Concerning your work, I believe since you have the basics- your education, skills etc, it'll work out well for you. There's a purpose, I think, behind many things and this might be your period of rest from 14-hour work days that damage the health and take your dreams from you.
All the best, noni.
I love your bus story!! So it's not just where I live then....
Ah....Thursday the 8th of Feb...the day I caught hypothermia....
Lolll - Laspapi - guys can comment about red mronings - it's perfectly natural and something they will probably experience in some way or form at some point ;-). Thanks for your kind words.
GR - Hypothermia? Hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment