Friday, June 08, 2007

Dreams & Nightscapes

I just had a vivid dream which was very disturbing.

A friend and I went to this German man’s house. I know not why, but we were there and he let us in. It was one of those creepy darkly lit houses and he had a butler/man servant who was this young African boy (about 12/13) that barely spoke. We were looking for a girl and I suspected this man of kidnapping her. My friend wandered off snooping around, whilst I started to talk to him in hopes of drawing him out. We adjourned to a study to talk. He claimed to know nothing of it and was being very unhelpful. He then left the study in search of his man servant perhaps to throw us out.

Suddenly the boy appears from the shadows and beckons me to follow. I hurry after him and he leads me to a back set of stairs with a room underneath and points. I run to the door and unlock it and there this young girl lies all dark, hollow eyed and afraid. I scoop her up and start to run for the door, in the process, running smack into the scary German man.

He starts to laugh and says I now can’t leave. I start to abuse him, calling him all sort of names and saying we will expose the truth about what he did to this poor girl. The African boy just looks on. The man steps up and grabs my arms and we start to grapple. He is bigger and stronger than me hence he quickly gains the upper hand. You are going to be my next pet he says. I’m yelling never and that my friend – who seems very oblivious to what is going on, as she is peering curiously at some candlesticks a few feet away from me – will escape and alert the police. He laughs and intones that at least in that time, he can do things to me. Infact he is going to assault me. He then continues to viciously grapple with me and forces me back to a wall where I am half on the floor. Because he cant reach down to me and hold me back at the same time, he calls out to the African boy - Assault her my boy, touch her. Lets see how well she likes that. I am shouting and saying No! Remember that little girl. You don’t want to do this. You helped me! Remember? Don’t listen to him!

The boy steps closer and the man laughs louder as he continues to struggle with me, pining me down. Do it! He commands, Do it now! I start to think about the boy and my chances. Who knows how long he’s been in that house and what he’s had to endure. He is a teenage boy after all and may not be able to control himself. Help me!?!?!? I call out to my friend who is somehow still oblivious to everything that’s going on. Then I feel it. A light small hand touching my right breast. Nooooooooo I wail in horror as this horrible sense of invasion washes over me. I recoil in despair as the man laughes loudly urging the boy on. The boy himself just looks at me with dark soulless eyes.

And then I awaken.

8 comments:

soul said...

Noni,
sounds like you are in a position where even though you want control of a situation, it is out of your hands.

Confused Naija Girl said...

that sounds scary girl. pls take it easy and souls advice sounds good.

Uzo said...

scary stuff....might reflect your state of mind....

Noni Moss said...

Hmm thanks guys. I woke up suddenly after like 4 hrs sleep. It was one of those weird dreams that I had to write down staright after I woke up otherwise I'd forget.

if we're going to psycho analyse it I can sort of see the relevance of the various characters except for the boy. And dont they say that dreams usually have opposite meanings?

TMinx said...

HmmI'm a bad dream reader, aybe yo have an impending move to Germany...just kidding. Well let us know if you ever encounter anything related...or opposite.

Azuka said...

Scary and so detailed!

Azuka said...

When's the next update?

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

Yes madam update your blog! i updated mine!!!