Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday Song (and a joke)

I know I haven't blogged in a while but you will be pleased to know that I've finally started work. :-( Ahhhh life sucks again. But in a healthy way :-)

It's 3 am and I should be in bed as it's wayyyyyyyyy past my bed time but I was just checking my emails and saw this forward. It was soo amusing, I thought I would share.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.

John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary. Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his
hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed.

Then suddenly there was total silence. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As it's also a weekend, I'll leave you with another song stumbled across during my late night music channel surfing.

Whitney (before the crack days) & Enrique - Could I have this kiss forever.
-I totally forgot about this song. This was when she was trying to connect with the young black audience, also when she still looked good. Her voice was still super strong and amazing - towards the end when she does those high notes .... Ahhhh. As the saying goes - when she was good, she was REALLY good.

4 comments:

Confused Naija Girl said...

aaah ! why dont you allow anon comments! now i have to log in!
anyway Funny joke
I actually forgot about that song and its actually amazing

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

that parrot joke is HILARIOUS!!! how is work treating you?

Uzo said...

She still has a chance to bounce back.....I like this song and i believe i liked the skirt she wore in the video

Congratulations on startign work

Bitchy said...

She was totally on crack in that video. I mean I love the song, but couldn't you tell that she had trouble keeping her eyes open?

Glad to see you're blogging again. And pele about the job, I am SO dreading joining your club (March 08... Sob!) Oh and what'm I doing in Paris? Lol! I'm on a language course for 3 weeks as an excuse to spend time in the city. Xxxx