Thursday, April 12, 2007

Last Few Days …

So let’s see. Easter has come and gone with the chocolate bunny. The 4 day weekend swept by in a haze of parties, food, sleep and brilliant sunshine. The 4 day work week commenced and hasn’t been too bad. So to flesh out the recap:

Thursday - was a half day for me. Left work after my extra long post and went to the west end with my friend. I finally did some errands I’ve been meaning to do – paid off my car tax, posted some letters, sent my PDA to the doctor (it was no longer charging and ofcourse messed up all my plans as I didn’t know my diary). I somehow resisted shopping but it was interesting looking at all the shops on sale (not). That’s like taking an alcoholic to a bar and placing their favourite cocktail in front of them.

I went back home and did my hair so it was all scrumptious for the weekend ahead.

Friday – I slept in late, and then went to an exhibition with some friends. The exhibition was held by some friends of mine and I went to show my support. I stupidly didn’t realise I would have to pay – the £15 is paining me still. If I had known, I would have shown my love and support via a phone call or email. The works on display were nice but I was then subjected to a tiresome auction process and “entertainment”. I had 2 hrs of slightly above average people singing at me and ruining some otherwise good songs. I was not happy. I mean come on! This is not some university event or amateur night. (I would even have preferred lounge music from a CD player) Towards the end some saxophonist started playing and he was nice but the earlier acts had ruined the night for me and I was no longer in the mood to appreciate it.

I left with my friends and went to a bar where we chilled till we went home.

Saturday – despite my best efforts, I slept in again. I ran a few errands for my mother and then went bowling for a friend’s birthday. It was fun! I’m quite shit but I had my crowning moments – 3 strikes baby!

After bowling, we chilled by the bar and had some food and then went to Abacus (bar/club) to boogey – they were having a geek night. It was interesting as most people made an effort to dress like geeks – right down to the thick horn-rimmed glasses. The music was ok, the people were ok but I think I am definitely losing the energy to go to random club nights.

Sunday – food day. I went to my friend’s house to eat. She’s a spectacular cook and she’s under strict instructions to call me whenever she’s cooking. From there went to another friend’s house, where I chilled and ate some more :-D. I’m a big time grubido.

Later that night, I went to my friend’s party. It was fun – I caught up with a lot of people I hadn’t seen in a while. I have developed a profound dislike for DJs who try to feel like they can mix and end up cutting songs after only one verse & chorus. Towards the end of the night though, they started playing Nigerian music though and it was funny watching my guy friends shake their stuff. There’s nothing like seeing Nigerian men dancing to naij music when they do it WELL!

Monday - Having failed spectacularly to go see my Renoir exhibition at some point this weekend, I got out of bed at about 3.30 and ran to Sainsbury’s :-D (Haha – fooled you).
I went home and cooked (for the first time in months – if not this year!). My friends came over and then we went to see Wild Hogs which is a really good movie! I kept cracking up – 4 middle aged men going wild side. As my friend said – “John Travolta is funny! Who knew??”

Tuesday – first day back at work. Quite disorientating. After work I went to see Alpha Dog. Oh my word. That movie is …. It’s a REALLY good movie and I think everyone should go see it. Bits of it are a bit – teeny and overacted but then again, in the context of the story, it works as it is about teenagers. It’s extra disturbing. Justin – is a really good actor and I was very pleasantly surprised.

Wednesday – work and then the magnificence that is ROBIN THICKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(Y) :-D

RT performed at Jazz Café last night. He came on 3 hrs late. I was hoping mad but halfway through the FIRST song, my pique melted. THE GUY IS AMAZING. HE IS BRILLIANT, JUST FANTASTIC!!! Very possibly the best live performer I’ve ever seen. The ONLY thing that spoilt it for me is he didn’t perform I NEED LOVE. That was the MAIN reason I went to see him and he didn’t perform it. I was upset.

Now I’m back at work – not working as much as I should. I have also become a bonafide face-book addict. I have also got my Friday song all lined up and ready (I needed a diversion; my database was driving me up the wall). Hope everyone had a great Easter. I’ve been so busy, I haven’t been able to catch up on all my fav blogs for a while L but I will try harder.

11 comments:

soul said...

hmmmph!
No easter eggs given out hmmp!.
erm so you cooked.. do you know that I'm a great food sampler :D
if you can virtually send me some samples I would be grateful ok!
(smile)...
I didn't know Wild Hogs was out already, I can;t wait to see it.

Noni Moss said...

Babe! You mean you didn't get it? I emailed the food to you already! lol. Go see Wild Hogs and 300. Oh and Alpha Dog.

laspapi said...

you holiday-ed, noni, its plain to see. wb to the grind.

LondonBuki said...

I can't stand DJs that mess with songs jare! I'll be getting into it and they'll start something else!

I am jealous about the Robin Thicke thing... J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!!

I'll be back for your Friday post...

Noni Moss said...

Ahhh forgot to post that. Done.

As for RT - mmmhhhhh delicious. And just to rub it in even more - they were selling tickets outside :-)

Anonymous said...

Why don't I get the Robin Thicke ting? Everyone is crazy over him, I just think he's okay... what is it?!

Noni Moss said...

Ahhh o da mo! Listen to I need love. If this song doesn't melt your heart ... or make you fall in love with him, then ...

http://nonichatroom.blogspot.com/2007/01/yah-friday.html

or superman or Lost without you.

LondonBuki said...

NONI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for telling me NOW that they were selling tickets outside... thank you so much!!!!!

Noni Moss said...

Lolllllllll - you're welcome honey! :-D

Uzo said...

I have expressed my intense jealousy on Vickii's blog so i will simply say that i am soooooooooooooooooooo jealous about the Robin Thicke thing. Okay.....Wild Hogs is intensely hilarious...

I officially need to hang out with you now...you seem slightly mad in a good way of course...

Noni Moss said...

Lolll - I see mad - hahahahahahahaha.

Oh and please feel free to borrow away (I helped myself liberally from other blogs ;-)