Thursday, December 06, 2007

Crossing Lines

I actually wrote this quite a while ago (didn't post it cos it felt too personal) but seems apt to put it up now. What can I say, I'm in an honest mood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I currently live in my mother’s house. I find this really depressing. I am terrified that the older I get the more dependent it seems I’m getting. It’s almost like I’m regressing.At the moment I love her a lot less (Read The God of Small Things). I’m actually just feeling very indifferent to her. I currently have a few issues weighing on my mind: -

- I am fat. I no longer have the luxury of saying “not slim”, “pleasantly plump”, or even that I’m a “BIG girl”. I’ve definitely crossed that line and it finally bothers me. This however is not a rant about how I’m having a fat day just my general state of mind and one of the things I want to change.

- I have lost my sex drive. I am not attracted to anyone and haven’t been in a while. Even the people I always feel attracted to or my stand-by fuck buddies don’t do it for me anymore. I can’t even remember the last time I felt horny. Fine it’s gone cold and I usually get “hot” when it’s actually hot but still! I think it partly stems from the fact that I haven’t met anyone interesting in a while.

- I am slowly disconnecting with my people. My family, my friends, my pseudo friends. I’ve been busy with work true but at the same time, I’ve consciously stepped back from a lot of people. I’ve avoided calls, not returned mesgs and not made an effort to stay connected with people unless they go out of their way to chase after me. Even my internet connections are closing, I send less emails, respond to very few, spend less time on facebook, rarely read blogs and comment even less. It’s almost like I’ve lost interest but not quite as my attention hasn’t been taken up by anything else. I feel for lack of a better word, vapid.

- I still feel like driftwood. I have no solid plans for my future and still take it day by day even though I’m slightly more settled now in that I have a job. All I know is I want to pay my bills and clear my debt. Oh and buy a house. Beyond that nothing. Hardly seems like much of a career or life plan now does it?

Ok I’m done. This didn’t exactly come out the way I expected it to. It was meant to be like the last piece but the words go where they go.

3 comments:

soul said...

hmmm, if there's one thing i can feel in my bones.
It is...
that you'll do what you need to at some point to get to the place you need to be.

I don't think you are writing to procure a solution from anyone for any of the things you've listed. And I kinda paused before i commented.
hmmm.. I'm trying to say, I read you, I feel you and just leave some words to acknowledge that I read this post.

Uzo said...

Ah/....more insight into the vibes i got from you the other night.

No one can proffer solutions...but i hear you and i am an email and a call away....

Naapali said...

Forgive my intrusion and I mean no offense but have you considered that you might be depressed or at least dysthymic? I suggest you see your doctor and talk with her/him.

I do think Niffeneger's book is one of the most intriguing I have read in a long time. The movie comes out in 2008, I doubt it can convey the complexities of the book.