Noni was born in the ages lost - in the inbetween places. Stuck in her shallow hollow world, she flits between realities. Haunted by echoes of the past and memories of the future, she is compelled to write to stave off madness.
The very interesting Naapali made a comment on my last post that I might be depressed or at the very least dysthymic.
By the way, the dictionary definition of Dysthyamia is “mild chronic depression; "I thought she had just been in a bad mood for thirty years, but the doctor called it dysthymia"”
His comment, well intentioned it might have been, set me to thinking, I don’t want to be the depressed girl. Heck, I don’t want to be thought of as the depressed girl. I certainly don’t think I’m constantly depressed. To that effect, I’m going to end this year on a positive note.
I am happy. I am very happy at the moment. It’s Christmas day. I’m about to go to bed and wake up to a wonderful day. I’m with my huge family – several of my cousins, aunts, uncles and grand parents are around. We are going to get up at about 10/11 to open up presents. Because we are so many, we’ve decided to do secret Santas. Each one of us gets presents for two other people and everyone had to do a wishlist.It’s great cos everyone gets a nice present and avoids the hassle of having to go round searching for suitable presents to buy, not to speak of the expense involved.
After unwrapping presents, there is the mad dash for the bathroom and getting ready before the guests arrive. This year there will be about 40-50 in total. The food is always awesome. We have every kind of meat - the compulsory turkey, lamb, fish, pork, as well as an assortment of different side dishes including pasta, rice, vegetables and other stuff I forget, not to mention the assortment of homemade desserts. We eat from about 4 and I pass out at about 6 from over eating and over imbibing of alcohol. Cannot wait.
The sales shopping so far have been a little disappointing but its good cos I get to save money. I am off to Nigeria (despite all my talk) for the new years and I cannot wait. I intend to rock it out as much as I can. I also intend to do something interesting/note worthy on the romance front this trip so watch this space ;-) if anyone has any recommendations for New Years eve in Nigeria (other than church) then please let me know.
I absolutely love and admire my friends. They are incredibly fantastic and oh so necessary for me. They each add some element to my life, either in balancing me out or enlightening me or helping in my development. I probably don’t tell them enough but if they ever see this – I love you!
I also actually like my job. I was surprised when I realised this but I do. It doesn’t pay enough but in terms of the job itself, I like what I do and the people I do it with. Touch wood – it will remain the same next year. Thank you facebook! (Yes I got my job through facebook).
Ok I think I’ve about expressed everything I’m thankful for and love – my family, my friends, my job, my health (also pretty good) anything else? Ahhh you guys. To my faithful/new/those I force to read this – thank you for your support.
Have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND AN AMAZING NEW YEAR!!!!!
Enjoy the music and I promise to keep a log of my adventures in Nigeria this trip so i can update you when I get back. Happy Holidays!
Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
Bloc Party - Flux
16 comments:
Anonymous
said...
woohooo! an update! so glad you have a lot to be thankful for.
have a wonderful xmas... and i'm sooo hating on your naija trip right now.
be safe, and you berra return with loads of naija gist.
PS. "To my faithful/new"-- abi i'm reading too much into that :-?
Bitchy - what do you mean which blog is my real blog? I have two that I update more or less at about the same time and frequency - this one and the poetry for urbanites.
Everyone else, I'm fine. I'm not updating because I have nothing to write. When/If I do, I'll update. Although truth be known, I am thinking of just closing it down. Thanks for thinking of me though. I appreciate it. :-)
16 comments:
woohooo! an update!
so glad you have a lot to be thankful for.
have a wonderful xmas... and i'm sooo hating on your naija trip right now.
be safe, and you berra return with loads of naija gist.
PS. "To my faithful/new"-- abi i'm reading too much into that :-?
Loll - you are reading too much into that. Have a lovely holiday.
now u just sound over excited!
juz messing..
oh and job through facebook? how??
Happy New Year Hon
Geisha - the marketplace
Uzo - pls pls pls - dont happy new year me. I am MOST UPSET with you.
Happy New Year! All the Best. I hope you don't mind my own.
Happy New Year!! I'm glad you have a lot to be thankful for and that you're happy!
Why are you upset with Uzo?
Happy New Year! Haven't been here in ages. Hope you update soon!
Take care!
U still havent updated?
where are u??? hope u're ok...
Hey, just checking up on you. Are you ok?
Are you really never going to update?
Noni, pray tell, which blog is your real blog?
Geisha, In my head - I'm fine thank you.
Bitchy - what do you mean which blog is my real blog? I have two that I update more or less at about the same time and frequency - this one and the poetry for urbanites.
Everyone else, I'm fine. I'm not updating because I have nothing to write. When/If I do, I'll update. Although truth be known, I am thinking of just closing it down. Thanks for thinking of me though. I appreciate it. :-)
Update!!
Thanks again for the Frejon recipes. Now I have found your blog, you cannot close it down. Orders from the Management a la Hale and Pace
Post a Comment