Drowning
I feel like I’m drowning
I’m coasting in the waters with no lifejacket.
Ever so often I sink and take in too much water
I fall deeper but now and then burst to the surface.
The maelstrom is raging, soo much is going on.
The currents of time and life are sweeping past, pushing, shoving
Fear and uncertainty cloud my senses
My head feels choked and I can’t breathe
The battering of the tides from all angles prevents any coherent form of thought or plan
All that’s left is a basic instinct for survival
Crouch down, hunch up, curl up into a ball.
DO NOTHING.
Sadly, no white knight comes charging to the rescue,
No rope or ladder drops from the sky,
There’s no relief from the quagmire.
The storm rages on.
Hopefully, prayerfully, it will rage past.
I’ll survive to coast another day.

No comments:
Post a Comment