My Favourite TV Shows
OK SPOILER ALERTS – DON’T READ THIS IF YOU KNOW YOU DON’T LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN TV SHOWS OR IF YOU HAVENT SEEN SOME OF YOUR FAVOURITES IN A WHILE
Apologies if there are any typos – too long and too tired to start editing this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you all know, I am a big TV fan. Many a discussion and debate has been spun on this blog (mainly between LB and I) about the happenings in TV land. I am now going to list a few of some of my favourite shows which you should all be watching/downloading so as to enlighten you and share in the joy I experience every night. (I spend hours watching TV when I get home from work – it relaxes me. So much so that my friends know not to expect decent conversation from me when I’m watching something. I get distracted easy)
So in no particular order, I shall review some of the best shows and if you’re lucky, give you all some spoiler action. As a general rule – Kristin from E! Online is a good way to go to catch up with what’s going on/coming up on tv shows.
1. Heroes
This show is SIMPLY AMAZING. It is about a bunch of ordinary people who discover they have super powers and have to battle evil forces and secret agencies (we don’t know if they are good or bad yet – leaning more towards bad) in order to “Save the Cheerleader, Save the world” (I swear 2/3 episodes and that will be your new catchphrase. For those of us regulars
LINDERMAN HAS POWERS!!! – He was part of an old group of super heroes but they fell apart. I’m thinking they made up the Company!!
One theory also going round (that I’m buying) is that it’s not actually Peter who's blowing up in that final "bomb" scene in New York City. It's Sylar, who has stolen Candice's shape-shifting abilities and Ted's radioactive abilities
Only click on these links if you want to know more about upcoming episodes and story lines
http://www.spoilerfix.com/heroes.php
http://heroes-spoilers.blogspot.com/index.html
Downloadable from Mondays, otherwise catch in on the Sci-Fi channel on Mondays at 10 as well.
2. Grey’s Anatomy
Oh Grey’s. Who is not in love with MerDer – McDreamy and Meredith, especially after the latest episodes? I’m not even going to bother telling you what the show is about cos everyone should know. However coming up:
Don’t know how true this is but apparently - At least one of these things will happen before the end of the season: After breaking things off with Cristina, Burke will transfer to another hospital. Callie will reveal she's pregnant. Izzie and George will hook up. Izzie will be reunited with her daughter, and it's someone we've already seen on the show. Addison will be diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. Derek and Meredith's relationship will hit a roadblock when one of her exes shows up on her doorstep with one thing on his mind
http://www.spoilerfix.com/grey.php
Download from Thursdays or catch it on Living TV. New series is just starting there as well.
3. Men in Trees
This started off a bit slow – a bit wannabe sex and the city but in the country or more like in Antarctica. However, from the second episode – it is very sweet. The characters are cool and funny.
It is basically about this woman who moves from New York to this little town called Elmo, which is full of men. Very few women because it’s very far away in the mountains and yeah women don’t live there. However she has to adjust to small town mentality and country living. It’s really quite funny and endearing. I like Jack – even though I think he’s a little but of a sucker – but I love his voice. So sexy and growly, yum! I especially like Plough Guy – he’s the quiet sexy type, hot hot hot.
It’s definitely more romance and relationship based and full of cute sexy men so would appeal if you like that kinda thing ;-)
Download from Thursdays
4. Medium
I like my paranormal shit. Medium is about Alison Dubois who is a medium! She has psychic powers, sees dead people and can read people’s minds – well more like see things they’ve done or about to do. She works for the district attorney’s office and helps solves crimes.
She’s married to this very funny sarcastic (and I think kinda sexy) man – cast as the sane one to her insanity, and has 3 daughters who also share her psychic powers – must be in the genes. The fact that it’s based on a real person makes it even more interesting for me.
Shows on the Sci-Fi channel every Monday at 9pm.
5. Studio 60 (and the sunset strip – full name)
If they cancel this show – I swear I’ll swear for NBC. Studio 60 is one of the best new shows out there. It’s like a West Wing meets Saturday Night Live. It is simply amazing. The writing/script is great, the dialogue banter is great, the characters are amazing, the music is fantastic and it has some of the best people:
Matthew Perry – Chandler Bing to some of you
Bradley Whitford – who used to play Josh in the West Wing
Amanda Peet - what hasn’t she been in?
Sarah Paulson – she’s been in lots of different things as well
D.L. Hughley
to name a few. It is simply amazing – funny, witty, emotional the whole works. I played a song and a clip from their Christmas episode.
6. Ugly Betty
Who here doesn’t watch Ugly Betty or hasn’t been following it? Naughty Naughty!!
This is a very funny very well done show. A must for all you budding fashionistas! It’s about this nerdy Hispanic girl from Queens (or is it Brooklyn) who goes to work for a fashion magazine. And yes – she’s called Ugly Betty for a reason. But the show is all about how she transforms to this beautiful swan – especially as she’s soo lovely on the inside.
Personally – I like Wilhemina. She’s my role model ;-) I think she’s just a big softie on the inside. I also love Betty’s nephew – he’s sooo savvy – little miss “I saw Prada like 7 times” and who remembers when he was like “uurgghhhh – last year’s Manolo’s????”
Oh and if you didn’t know, Alex (Daniel’s dead older brother who used to run Mode) isn’t actually dead. He’s had a sex swap and is now a she – ALEXIS!!!
Spoiler – Marc’s mother doesn’t know he’s gay so when she comes to town, - he begs Betty to pretend to be his girlfriend!!!
Ugly Betty is a deliciously catty/bitchy show which just warms your heart cockles. :-D
Shows every Wednesday – Channel 4 and E4.
7. Lost
Now I know a lot of you have lost faith in Lost (like the pun?) what with all the non-answers, killing off of major characters (how dare they kill Eko??) and then raising of even more questions – but I’ve connected with it again.
What with the “Skate” bonking and finding out she really loves Jack – come on.
Also – this spoilerific piece should help indicate how things are happening –it’s a bit old though – haven’t watched the latest episodes yet so can’t tell you if it’s spoilery anymore
Expect to see the repercussions of Ben's spinal surgery. "There is a period of not being at full power, and in any hierarchical organization, that is a period of danger," says Emerson. "That leaves a vacuum at the top, and other people may try to swoop in and occupy it." Carlton Cuse: We put a pin in the Michael and Walt story for the season, but by no means is it over. It would be very strange for the end of Michael and Walt to just send them off in that boat without any acknowledgment of what has happened. But if you look at the bigger picture of Lost, there's a circularity to the way that story is going to unfold in the overall mythology, and that is a long, planned approach. Yes, we'll get back to the Michael and Walt story, and it will be really compelling when we do. But that's most likely a year 4 story. Damon Lindelof: [The history of the Others is] definitely unfolding. We will begin to find out how certain members of the Others joined the Others. Episode 7 played as a surprise to some audience members that Juliet was not born on the island — she came off the island and was recruited by the Others. So some of them were born there and some of them were recruited, but what they are there to do will be revealed before who put them there and why. Cuse: Given everything else we have to tell, [Libby’s story] is going to be a mystery that's going to have to get answered in year 4. Lindelof: There's really one significant missing piece to Libby's story. We saw in the season finale last year that she met with Desmond, she gave him his boat, and we know that her husband died — and then we know that subsequent to that, she spent some time in a mental institution, the same one as Hurley. The question the audience wants answered is, How did she get from A to B — from Desmond to the mental institution? We know the answer to that question, but the only way to tell that story is through another character's flashback, and that character would have to be another character on the show who is not among the beach dwellers
http://www.spoilerfix.com/lost.php
Lost shows on Sky one on Sundays and you can download it as ever.
8. Smallville & Supernatural – like I said I love my paranormal shows.
These are classics and always deliver.
Smallville spoiler – Lana & Lex do get married even though Clark decides to tell her his secret and stop it. Oh and she miscarries the baby. Lex is EVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL and Lionel is still a baddy!
http://www.spoilerfix.com/smallville.php
Supernatural – the boys finally get caught by the FBI and go to jail. But ofcourse it doesn’t end there ;-)
http://www.spoilerfix.com/supernatural.php
Both downloadable on Thursdays. Smallville shows on channel 4 and E4 on Sundays and Supernatural on ITV 2
9. Entourage, Nip Tuck, Veronica Mars, Desperate Housewives
Veronica Mars – not many people watch this show but it is really really good. I haven’t started watching S03 yet but seasons 1 and 2 were fantastic. It’s about this high school girl who works for her dad who is a private investigator.
I would recommend downloading it from the beginning so you get a full grasp of everything – the characters and storylines - although you can watch it from any point. She’s very sharp and witty and totally kicks ass.
Entourage – Vinnie and the Boys are amusing as hell. I love Ari – he totally rocks. I also like E – cos he’s just super smart and funny.
Nip/Tuck – who here doesn’t love or want to be like Christian Troy??? He’s hella sexy and totally bad ass!
Desperate Housewives – I really started getting into this again. And it’s quite good. Btw – I totally dig Orson and love his story lines – although I did think he was baddy at first.
http://www.spoilerfix.com/desperate.php
10. Other shows
These are other shows which I think are good – but I’m not too tired to go into. I watch these ones when I can.
- Prison Break
- Las Vegas
- Boston Legal
- ER
- Ghost Whisperer
- My Name is Earl
- The 4400
- 24
- One Tree Hill
- The Sopranos
- Weeds
- CSI – Vegas, Miami (NY is shit)
- America’s Next Top Model
- Town Called Eureka
- One Tree Hill
And yes I watch all the shows listed. Now you wonder how I have any spare time

14 comments:
I haven't watched Prison Break
I haven't watched Men In Trees yet... Studio 60 - I watched the 1st 3 episodes then I couldn't find it to download so I gave up!
Supernatural - Ok, I'll check it out... I didn't think it would be good.
Smallville is still on? LOL!!!
I love Medium!!!
As for Heroes, Linderman has powers???? Seriously??? I don't think Syler or Peter will die... who will be the next baddie?
I won't be shocked if Burke leaves cos quite a lot of people did not like what Isaiah Washington(plays Burke in Grey's said ("faggot").
I love this Noni!
:-D thank you. I wrote it primarily for you. Vickii is going to hate us.
I know - Burke got into a lot of trouble for the faggot thing but I dont think he's leaving the show. You know how last season they said "an intern was leaving the program but not leaving the show" and we couldn't work out how that would work?
Well I'm sure they'll find a way around it even if he leaves the hospital. Come on it's Burke man! He might not even leave. Weren't they supposed to make one of the interns a secret bisexual by bringing in her ex (an older woman)? but they changes that storyline after it leaked.
i love heroes , the episode with that radioactive guy was GREAT TV!! love love love ugly betty and the fashion!!
my favorite characters are those two mean assistants (the gay guy and the chick who can dress!!)
I havent really been into grays anatomy, i liked it at the begiinning , now its like how many more people can hook up
dont watch men in trees
i heard studio 60 was going to be cancelled.
never started watching Lost
Loll - what?? you never watched lost? and you dont watch grey's anatomy??? Girrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllll
You dont know what you're missing.
I swear I will cry if they cancell studio 60.
Ugly Betty is fantastic isnt it? i like the gay guy - Amanda not soo much. she whiffs of desperation in a not nice way)
OH NO!!! MY LONG COMMENT IS GONE!!!
BLOODY BLOGGER!
I'll be back!
It was about Ugly BeRRy.
well done, noni, but if I didn't have cable tv in gidi, I'd have no idea what you were about.
Prison break is long and winding. I read a lampoon of it once. He had himself jailed to free his brother? What about his own sentence after his brother's freedom. The prison programme I was really into was "Oz"
"Weeds" is nice, the concept's really crazy too.
Grey's Anatomy-
I confes I havent seen more than a couple of episodes. Usually too tired when its on.
I like Boston Legal very much, I cant be bothered with Lost, still trying to get myself into 24
The Sopranos is really fantastic, Nip/Tuck doesn't do it for me. Supernatural lost if after the first few episodes and it started so well.
Smallville, Ghost Whisperer aren't prime time for me. I like the good looking G. Whisperer though nd Veronica Mars is a no-no.
I think being obsessed with the English Premiership affects my viewing but Boston Legal's superb as is "The Closer".
Man you watch a lot of TV!
I had given up on heroes when you and buki ruined it for me by blatantly lying and saying there were no cute guys, but now that it's on sci fi, everyone is talking about it and it's making me feel like I'm missing out!
Ha ha, I didn't read your grey's anatomy spoilers! By the way, Buki, prison break (at least the first season) is amazing! I watch 24, prison break, gilmore girls, nip/tuck, entourage, lost ... and trying to still feign interest in one tree hill and the OC!
Anybody watched 'dirt'? Courtney cox's new show?
You should start a regular tv post but warn us about the spoilers!
i agree with vickii , there are tv blogs like tvgasm.com
i watch greys anatomy but the show is losing it, that meridith dying episode was annoying and didnt make sense.
i love amanda, even though she is desperate she is just fabulous!!!
i dont think dirt is that good , i try to fllow the story but its kind of boring. Like as dirty as nip tuck but no good story lines.
Hmmm - i dont have time for a tv blog oh! I barely have time for this!
Laspapi - yeah i thought OZ was good too - I never got into it but i caught a couple of episodes and it has lots of now famous people in it!
Supernatural is not that bad - it's lost a bit of steam but it's still good. The Ghost whisperer is really kinda crap - tries to be scary, never quite makes it but i like the relationship aspect and her husband is gorgeous. I dont know why they killed that black chick off - cos she was quite a central figure but i guess it made for good tv. Boston legal is very good - i only just started getting into it this season - i just love James Spader - he's twisted in such a delicious way. I used to watch the closer then stopped because of work and never quite got into it again. (just like the shield)
Vickii - the OC isn't all abd - seriously. How could you skip past teh grey's spoilers - silly girl. Watch Heroes! I keep all my downloaded episodes so if you're ncie to me I'll hook you up ;-)
CNG - ahhh come on - you ahve to admit, it was a different angle with the whole Meridith dying. And we got to see Denny again - who i just love love love. (what's up with the man dying everywhere? in Supernatural, Greys and Weeds!- he was her dead husband)
I love Boston Legal!
Even thought the episode where Meredith was dying, etc was corny, I loved it.. unbelievably!
Enjoy your weekend :-)
Oh you watch a lot of tv. I thought i was bad but damn - I just got series 1 of Heroes so i hope to get into it. I am a Prison break fan, dont do desperate anymore, Grey's is good too.
Let me say this again - you watch a lot of tv
Oh and Oz was great. I am on a hunt for the DVDs...I will not lie....Naked fit men...Ehn? Okay so the storylines were good but let me say again - Naked men...LOL
Lolll - I watch a lot of TV? :-D
Ok I cant actually talk so yes. I'm taking that on the chin.
but thee last episode of greys anatomy was gooooD ! i thought i knew all the people who could possibly hook up and not its katherine heigel's character and that guy( i forget his name)
Post a Comment