Friday Songs
This week - my ipod and I have become even closer. I've been in tech mode and needed to focus on building this database. Two of these songs kept recurring and I thought I should share them.
The first song, I heard on the radio and it just struck a chord. I want someone to think this about me and do something about it! I dont really know the artist that well but I really like this song. I couldn't find the video but you can listen to the song anyways.
Calvin Richardson - There goes my baby.
This next song is by one of my favourite artists and she's classic. I was driving to a friends place for dinner last weekend and my co-pilot tried to skip past it. I'm like what? Nobody but nobody skips past Sade!
Sade - Love is stronger than pride.
(Anyone wonder where Nayo got the inspiration for her video ;-))
For me this song is soo simple yet soo deep. It's so beautiful, I'm going to post the lyrics for you.
I won't pretend that I intend to stop living
I won't pretend I'm good at forgiving
But I can't hate you
Although I have tried
Mmmmm
I still really really love you
Love is stronger than pride
I still really really love you
Mmmmm
I won't pretend that I intend to stop living
I won't pretend I'm good at forgiving
But I can't hate you
Although I have tried
Mmmmm
I still really really love you
Love is stronger than pride
I still really really love you
Mm mm mm mm mm
Sitting here wasting my time
Would be like
Waiting for the sun to rise
It's all too clear things come and go
Sitting here waiting for you
Would be like waiting for winter
It's gonna be cold
There may even
Be snow
I still really really love you
Love is stronger than pride
I still really really love you
Love is stronger
I still really really love you
Love is stronger than pride

14 comments:
I adore the beginning of sade's song..
the beat starts with a dull drum kick which sounds anything but dull.
Nice Nonu.
Soul, who's Nonu? LOL!
NonI, I like the Calvin R song, sounds like I have heard it or a song similar and he sounds like someone else.
I remember this Sade song and yeah... Love should be stronger than pride...
Enjoy your weekend x
:-) thanks guys - but what the hell were you doing up at these absurd times?
LOL!!!!
You nightcrawler, you left a comment on my blog after 3AM!
some of us wake up with the sunrise.
and some of us just stay on your blog 24-7..
and nonu is noni..
don't worry LB
ko le ye e rara o, ko le ye e..
dance dance dancel,.. london buki.
dance dance dance..london buki
je ka jo, je ka jo
je ka jo, je ka jo
ijo lady buki
oyaaaaa!
:-D joblessness is really not a good thing!
lol at soul! i love shade. that soothing voice!
Luv the songs Noni!
Nice one!
Hope ur week is going well...
Thanks CNG and Bella - and yes its ok. Have a great week too!
Ah....I like Sade but i love the Calvin Richardson song better....How r u?
I was not able to play the Calvin Richardson song o! Could you please send it to me? Thanks, girl.
No problems - but you'll have to wait till i get home unfortunately as it's stored on my hard drive. I can send you the link though if you want to listen to it online?
Sade is music period... i have this woman on instant replay on my computer..pearls, ordinary love, sweetest taboo.. the list goes on
have a great easter noni
I love love LOVE Sade! My favourite song is No Ordinary Love or the Tattoo one.
Post a Comment