Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Another one

It's 3.18am and I'm lying in bed wide awake and BORED. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise - joblessness is boring. I actually cannot WAIT to start work - how sad is that???

This is one of those nights where my mind is in a whirl and I'm thinking of different things. I was listening to some music and I think I'm going to start a series of legendary music much like Uzo. However I'm going to add them to some music widgets on my side bars. It's about time more people got into rock and some old school Soul. I'll still put up whatever current music is enthralling me on Fridays. Loll - I say this but then come two weeks or so i'd be bored and not update for ages.

I think I write the way I speak in real life. More and more people know who I am. I'm concerned that for some reason this doesn't bother as much as it used to or as much as I feel that it should - if you know what I mean. (Loll, now if that isn't long, I dont know what it is!). I've been thinking about telling the story of Joe Light (the ex I met in the club recently) but to do that, I need to tell the story of Bimpe (one of the old friends I cut off) and that shit is loooooooooong. Speaking of people I cut off, I recently made nice with one of them again and ... it's going well. Ahhh I'll see if I feel up to blogging about that soon. For now let's just say I think I'm becoming a better person - or at least I'm trying to be.

I have a poem brewing. I need to let it formulate so I can get it out at some point. I'm just bored and listless right now and cant be bothered to do anything.

I took a break to read through blogs hoping to get some inspiration.

Belle - for those of you who don't know she's back (she is), had a great weekend. Mine was ... cool. Thursday night I spent catching up with a friend in her new place. Friday, another friend came round to mine and Saturday I went to party with some friends in a club. I actually had a lot of fun that night - it was totally awesome. Sunday was spent recovering from the excesses of the night before.

Kafo
wrote a beautiful poem about Mothers letting go and it reminded me of how mine cried when I moved out (something I still tease her mercilessly about especially now that I've moved back - the irony kills her. Everytime :-D. She now has added incentive to pray I get married or at least get a serious boyfriend soon so I can move out).

Overwhelmed
is meeting hot single guys. I on the other hand am most decidedly not. Where have all the hot available men gone? London has a dearth of them. Most of the interesting people I've met recently all either have long term girlfriends or are getting married in a few months! I guess all the smart girls got in early and snapped them up whilst I was ... I dont actually know what I was doing per se but I'm guessing it's safe to say I was busy having fun!

For a full round-up of blogs and stuff, TMinx has started her blogville gist round up again. I am a bit sad that Boorish Male has stopped blogging. I really liked his blog - I hadn't been on it in ages cos I had a lot of catching up to do and I was saving his single man series till I had time to read them all. Damn! Now he's gone. BM - if you read this please please come back? If all my favourite male bloggers are leaving who I will be left with to have a crush on?

Ok I think I've rambled enough. I'm on a sugar high and it's making me me think/say random things. Hope you all have a great week!


12 comments:

LondonBuki said...

When I took three months off work to look for another one, it was cool at first but closer to the end, I'd have taken ANY job! You'll be more than fine :-)

Ok, we've heard o! You had fun on Saturday night!!!!!!!

As for ONB, she is using "something" to attract all those men... Love you ONB ;-)

Enjoy your week and I am waiting for the pictures... :-)

jadedjune said...

yes london is full of NO men.....what else is new???....unless you count the twats at steam bar....ive all but given up....but i hear latino men are the new way to go though ;-) lawl.....

enjoy ur joblessness cos when you do get that job, you'll probably be praying for that joblessness....!

Anonymous said...

how can there be no men in london? i know too many girls here engaged to/dating men there. i even had a semi crush on my pastors wife's brother who lives there...till i found out dude is engaged:(
ok i think i'm starting to see a trend... all the dudes ARE taken. you're right. sigh.

you are withholding gist... i sooo want to hear about joe light (love that moniker btw), and Bimpe (I'm also getting close to my friend KC...someone I thought i'd never talk to again).

how is the job search going? hope you're not too fraustrated.

PS you are a friend in my head (said a la wendy williams)...lol :)

Confused Naija Girl said...

this is the single most common arguement i have with my friends in jand. There are like "i want to move to the states, you guys have all the good men." and we in the states are saying the opposite. i guess the grass is always greener on the other side because i know london is better man wise :)

good luck with your job search. i hope you read this a smile when you find your fab new job.

snazzy said...

um i'm thinking it's more the substance rather than the writing style *ow* "no hitting... fine it's the writing style" :D

and i know what you mean about wanting to start work, however i had a better excuse than you cos there is REALLY nothing to do in Lagos during the day.

Admin UD said...

Hahaha, London, No Men??? This is new. I have like 4 CORRECT guys up in my hood in Hamsptead, single and ready to attach, want me to put in a word or two for you? ;)

PS: template's banging hawwwt!

Noni Moss said...

@UD - though must not tease a woman so! Are you being serious?

@Snazzy - one hot slap heading your way very soon! Although your Lagos plight makes me feel bad for you so rather than a double - it will be a single.

@ all the ladies - thank you! I do have a job - just need to wait for some clearance and legal thingymajig before I can start :-)
If I find something else in the meantime then ... who knows?

- Jaded june - repeat after me - STAY AWAY FROM STEAM BAR!!! That's almost as bad as going to establishment if you're over 16 for girls and 18 for guys.

- CNG believe me - London is crap, unless Ugo pulls a miracle.
- LB I'll take you with me if something comes up ;-)

and Belle - me too :-)

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

lets exchange places pls...since u cant wait to go back to work!!!

Rinsola said...

no men, for real? nywayz enjoy urself a lil more b4 you resume back at work.

Vera Ezimora said...

Have I been 2 ur blog b4? If not, I'll like 2 sue myself 2 court 4 not coming here earlier. Locing this. Loving d template.

No mehn in London ehn? If it makes u feel any better, there r no men here (Maryland, USA) either! It's a sad, sad trend.

laspapi said...

no good men in london? if it makes you feel better, the men say the same of the women ;P

How've you been, noni?

Uzo said...

So......start a music blog already/....No men in London? LOL...I can believe that....