Happy Friday!
Happy Friday everyone!
I've got two songs - the first is one was described by Vickii as being a "little too Lily Allen wannabe ... no one really speaks like that". Loll - I actually like it better than Lily Allen. It is soo catchy! Plus the video is soo quintessentially English! :-D
(Click on her myspace link below and listen to the song Dickhead. Loll - love it!)
Kate Nash - Foundations
The next is an oldie but a goody. I was listening to this recently with Soul. We were discussing the musical influences on this band and listening to some of the originals they sampled from (Hail Zapp & Roger! You need to listen to I wanna be your man and Computer Love. Teddy Riley was the original theif theif - long before Diddy came along).
The song they actually created was I wanna make love (the link says Once in a Lifetime but ignore that as Blackstreet mislabelled the song on their album) - compare that to Computer Love and your head will explode. However I was totally in love with this band I'm putting this up cos this was the song I originally connected with .
Blackstreet - You Blow My Mind
Hope you all have a great weekend. Mine started mid-week and oh boy! Plus exciting news I am travelling!!! Yahhh - sooo cannot wait!!! It will probably mean I'll be gone for a few weeks but I will try and update when I can ;-)

5 comments:
Blackstreet...Bringing back the memories...Wow. And yes...Teddy Riley was the original sampler of material...LOL
You know the bit that does it for me.....
'ahhhh won't you keep me warm tonight...'
They only do that bit once in the song, but damn!. Every single time I hear that section from the song.. my stomach just sinks man and I just wanna do things I'm much to shy to say.
re: Kate Nash... Whilst I dig her different sound, and I actually find cockney accents sexy (don't ask me why please.. it's just a thing)... I've never been able to listen to a full song of hers.. it's like smashing saucers together to my ears... which is a shame as I actually dig the different sound she is aiming for. I think she is very different to Lily Allen..
love blackstreet...
wait, you're leaving for a few weeks? i don't like the sound of that :-/
try and update...jo!
have a safe trip, and Godspeed!
i like the kate nash song.. never heard of her.. for some reason i just looove british singers... i've listened to so much imogen heap and corinne bailey rae and kt tunstall and amy winehouse its not even funny... i'll check out more of kate nash and see if i'll add her to the playlist...
kate nash, i live in theuk but havent heard any of her songs
isnt that a bit unpatriotic?? oh well, whateva! lol
oh yea, in case you close this blog again, add me mimis.spot@yahoo.co.uk cos ur blog is tres fab.
Post a Comment