Monday, September 26, 2005

Crush

I have a crush on this white guy in uni. Even though we’ve been doing the same course and have had the same subjects for all three years, I’ve only just noticed him in my final year. Unbelievable huh? I must be blind or something.

His name is Tom. He is sooo cute – in that floppy hair, warm brown eyes, lovely smile, beautiful teeth, retro/eclectic dress sense, public school boy kinda way.

I am developing new ways and strategies to get a chance to talk to him – even if it’s just to say hi, sit next to him, or sit in a position where I can stare at him unguarded. It is fast becoming an issue. I noticed him when he became really active in class – speaking up etc. He has such a sexy voice; I could feel myself going all tingly. I started to pay more attention to him. One day I arrived early for one of my lectures and had just settled down sprawling all over my chair when he walked in. He sat down, turned around then saw me. He smiled; I smiled back (I could feel myself starting to flush). He stood and came up to where I was sitting.
“Hey. Have you done the reading for the audit class?” he asked
“Uh… the reading? Oh yeah. No I haven’t… not all of it. I started but didn’t quite finish” I said reaching into my bag for the booklet.
“Yeah it was quite boring wasn’t it?”
“ Yup! A real snoozer.”
“Yeah” and with a nod he went back to his seat.

I had a huge grin on my face as Oyin walked in. He raised his eyebrow quizzically and I had to tell him the whole enlightening episode. Tom has soo noticed me – otherwise he wouldn’t come up to talk to them under such an inane pretext. Oyin was forced to agree although he thinks my crush is ridiculous.

Later on in one of our managerial classes, Tom joined my presentation group (hey if that isn’t further proof, I don’t know what is). When we met up to “go over our presentation” (my idea obviously ;-), I seized the opportunity to quiz him about what he does etc. I found out that he’s one of the political aficionado’s that terrorize LSE. He torments the student union weekly with different proposals and controversial calls like correcting the telegraphs definition of ‘spit roasting’. He also lives in ‘Leicestershire’ – I mean who says that apart from public school types? I found it very endearing. I decided to wear a short skirt and v-neck jumper for the day of the presentation and parked myself next to him so he could get the full effect of my skirt riding up as I sat down. (My middle name isn’t slut-erella for nothing).

Since then, I just moon whenever I see him much to Onyx’s disgust. He just doesn’t think it’ll work because ‘I’ve never been into white guys’. He thinks it’s all an experiment on my part – also because I’m bored – and so disapproves. Pssshhh – what does he know??? Tom and I are meant to be together. Plus I’ve been quite curious to know what it would be like to have a boyfriend at uni – all that sneaking about to make out in odd corners (I know soo many good spots) and holding hands playing with each other during lectures and hanging out. Despite Onyx’s objections – I’ll get bored and he’ll start to grate on me within 2 weeks plus the fact that I really don’t have time as this is my final year – I disagree. What does he know anyway??? The spoilsport.

No comments: