Sod's Law
So I saw Sadeeq last night. From the title of this piece you can well imagine how it went. I was running down to blockbusters to return a movie. Ella (my cousin who’s staying with me while she waits to move to her flat) was supposed to go with me but she got home quite late and I didn’t want to pay another late fine.
I had been at home all day. I hadn’t showered, brushed my teeth, or even combed my hair. (Don’t ask – I was having one of those completely veg out days). As it was quite late, I just picked up a skirt lying on my floor, put on a jumper and my Indian slippers and headed out. To say I looked liked a tramp is an understatement, plus I smelt like one to boot.
So I’m walking along, abusing Ella in my mind for not coming with me, and sending a text message. I obviously wasn’t looking ahead of me – which was my undoing. I’m looking down at my phone when I see two feet stop in front of me. I stopped, and in slow motion lifted my eyes to look up, knowing in my heart of hearts that this was not going to be good… I was right (dun dun dun!).
He looked like he had just walked off the cover of GQ. He was wearing this really nice tailored suit and a shirt that was still crisp and fresh. His only flaw was that he looked a little tired and guarded at seeing me.
Fuck! Fuck! FUCK!!! I thought. I knew it! I just knew it! The one time I look and SMELL like shit is when I bump into him. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!!
Hey! How are you? We said doing the hug and kissing of cheeks. He smelt soo good. I was like damn. Why didn’t I at least wear some perfume to mask my day old stink? Why???
“So where exactly do you live?” He asked
“somewhere down there..” I said pointing behind me, purposely being vague. (no way am i wanting any random 'suprise' visits)
We chatted about work, how he works in
We made some more inane chitchat, said our goodbyes and left.
Needless to say, I didn’t get very much sympathy from anyone in general. Seriously though, whoever made that rule that you only ever bump into an ex when you’re looking like shit? Sod’s law my arse! Sod should be bloody shot whoever he is!

No comments:
Post a Comment