Monday, September 19, 2005

The Story of Sadeeq

This is very hard for me to write. I don’t know what it is/was about him that compelled me so. Sadeeq the dick, as I coined him after he showed what a bastard he could be.

I met Sadeeq at a New Year’s party. He was/is soo my type – tall dark and lanky. I find that combination irresistible – don’t ask me why. If I were to describe my ideal boyfriend, Sadeeq would be the closest match. He worked in the city for a consulting firm, drove a nice car and was very well off – and not afraid to spend his money. (Not that I’m materialistic or anything – infact far from it. I make it a rule never to accept anything from a guy that I can’t buy for myself. Plus I never get to the stage where guys start buying me expensive gifts etc. However, I feel that it is a guy’s privilege to pay for stuff when I agree to go out on dates with them. Lot’s of times, I’m very happy to pay for stuff but I guess I’ve just grown used to guys paying for everything. But I digress).

I was hanging out with a new circle of people – Bode the annoyance’s friends. I bumped into him a couple of times during that year at various social events. Finally at Starr’s party, he asked for me number. It took him a week to call me. I had almost given up hope. He called when I was staying over at my aunt’s place in St. John’s Wood. We did the inane chitchat thing and he asked me to dinner that night. I was so excited, I didn’t even try to front. After I dropped the phone, I realized I wasn’t exactly dressed to go on a date but I didn’t care too much.

The date was one of those really good ones where you talk about any and everything. He went straight to the point – “So what do you want from me?”. I was stunned. For once, I was at a loss for words. A whole me, being flustered. He has retained that ability to throw me for six- but at least now I control my expressions better so I don’t show it.
“Err… I don’t know!, What do you mean by what do I want from you - I don’t…!” I stammered.
“Noni, let’s not play games here. What do you want, where would you like this to go?” he asked.
The bastard. “Those are my lines!” I thought to myself “And at least, I have the decency to wait a bit before coming out with it. It’s our first bloody date!” But I had to admire his directness.
“I think you’re very attractive and interesting. It would like to go out with you and see where this goes. How does that sound?”
He seemed happy with it and we keep chatting. He finally took me home and said he’d call me. I floated into the house and my aunt teased me mercilessly all night because I had this huge grin on my face.

This date sounded like it had such promise didn’t it? Well I was wrong too. It started off with the not calling. I’m a phone person. I live on constant attention from guys and demand it from everyone I date. If I cant see them often, then they damn well better call me a lot. He rarely called me and it drove me up the wall. Plus whenever we arranged to go out, ‘something’ always came up. I went round to his house a couple of times and it was nice. Whenever I saw him, things were cool and we had fun. I would forget what a pain he could be. Then weeks would pass and he wouldn’t call and I would get scared of being a pest and calling him too often. I wouldn’t see him for ages because he was “busy with work”. This I could understand but it didn’t mean I had to like it. I eventually got tired of moaning to my friends (much to their undying gratitude) and decided to cut my losses. I stopped seeing him – did I say seeing? No I meant calling him and trying so damn hard to build a relationship.

Months passed and things moved on. From time to time, when I was bored, I would stumble across his number whilst flicking through my phone book. I would call and withhold my number then hang up when he picked up. Childish I know but I was bored and it served him right anyway. One day whilst walking over Waterloo bridge, I could see some of the skyscrapers in Canary Wharf and remembered the view from his flat - He has a penthouse in Stratford with an amazing view of the city – and so I called him. That was enjoyable. He was soo uncomfortable. He started stumbling on apologies and trying to come up with reasons as to why he hadn’t called me in ages.
“Don’t worry about it. Seriously, Sadeeq, it’s cool. I didn’t call to give you a hard time or anything. I was just walking along as it’s such a beautiful day and I thought of you. How are you? What have you been up to?” I said gleefully taking the upper hand. We caught up on each other’s activities and he promised to call me soon. Yeah right.

Months passed and things moved on. I went to a formal ball with some friends at London Zoo. It was fun but I soon got tired and wanted to leave. I was supposed to stay over at my friend's place but she wasn’t ready to leave yet. I now started think of what guy I could call to come and pick me up. As it wasn’t too far from Stratford, I called Sadeeq.
“Hey, what’s up? This is Noni”
“Hey! How are you? Long time and all that”
“Yeah I know. I’ve just been chilling, uni, work etc”
“Where are you? – It’s kinda noisy in the background”
“I know – sorry. I’m at a ball. Which is why I’m calling actually”
“yeah?”
“I’m kinda stuck as I want to leave and my friends aren’t ready to go for a while yet.”
“Ok?”
“And I need someone to come and pick me up…”
“Oh. I cant. I’m all settled in and I have work tomorrow…”
“Ahhh, that’s ok then. Nevermind, I’ll just have to wait I guess.”
Silence
“Well… you could just hop into a taxi and come here.”
“ Nyahhh, noooo. I can’t do that. I don’t have any money for a taxi. If I did, I would just go home.”
“ Don’t worry about it, just come here and I’ll pay for it”.
“ Noooo – that’s ok. I don’t want to have to put you to that much trouble.”
“Look, really it’s cool. Just get into cab and come.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes! Call me when you’re on your way.”
“Ok. Thanks. See you soon.”
“Bye”.
With a laugh and a skip, I kissed my friends goodbye and hopped into a cab. I figured that as I was looking damn good, he’d at least appreciate what he missed out on. I was wearing a long classic strapless gown – that showed off my ‘womanly curves’ as Tessa calls them - with a beautiful fur stole and some stunning pearls.

I got there without a hitch. He paid for the cab and we went up to his flat. It was just like I remembered. Everything. Sadeeq is an excellent lover. He’s the only one who has ever truly found my G-Spot. He put his finger in me and made this come hither movement. I almost died, it was that intense. Plus he is big! and thick……

His alarm woke me up the next morning. I must have worn him out cos he slept through the noise of the alarm. I had to wake him up by shaking him viciously. He probably ended up being late for work. He looked really good in his suit as he headed out – it was really tempting to have a quickie – there is nothing like morning sex – but he insisted I stay in bed and sleep some more. I finally woke up mid afternoon – and took my time before heading home.

Months passed and things moved on. I have mentioned that Sadeeq is a bastard haven’t I? My birthday came along and me being me – never one to hold a grudge – I called and invited him to my birthday drinks. He actually showed up which was nice and he met a number of my friends. We spent all night cosying up to each other and he was really touchy feely. He had his hands round my waist, was stroking my legs, playing footsie, the works. Some of my out of town friends thought he was the latest guy on the scene. At the end of the night, I go back home as I have a bunch of people staying over at mine. He calls me on my way back to check that I got home safely and we’re cool chatting normally when he suddenly blurts “I cant give you what you what”.
I go “ What do you mean you cant give me what I want?”
“I cant give you what you want!” he repeats.
“Look, what are you talking about? I don’t want anything from you”
“I’m not in the right place at the moment and not ready for a relationship…” he continues.
“Stop! What the fuck are you talking or going on about? I don’t want anything from you!” I yell. “I haven’t asked you for anything! Infact, you know what? I actually can’t talk to you right now. I have to go.” And I drop the phone.

I was sooo mad! I fumed all the way home and the rest of the night. How dare he? He was the one who was being all cosy all night. The wanker. I didn’t even breathe the idea of doing anything or wanting anything from him. The fool, he’s a fucking wanker! Fucking dickhead.

Months passed and things moved on.

No comments: