Monday, September 19, 2005

Dinner Party

I had a dinner party last weekend. No I should say, I was supposed to have a dinner party last weekend. It didn’t quite happen. From a party of 12, it dwindled to a gathering of 4. I was upset. I am still upset.

People gave a multitude of reasons. That’s not why I’m mad – some (just some) had reasonable excuses. The other’s at least made an effort to come up with a reason and call and apologize. What upset me is those that didn’t call at all – they just didn’t show up. And they still haven’t called me 5 days after said event.

Becky my former flat mate – sent me a text mesg saying “ cant come, there is no transport and I’m going to my mum’s”. That is extremely annoying for me to read. After I moved back home to Richmond, I’ve still made several efforts to go back to Camden to see her and chill. She knew how important this was to me. What especially pissed me off is that she couldn’t even be bothered/get the courage to call me to tell me. Damn – it would even have been cheaper for her to call than text me as she has free calls.

Ben – no word
Ade – no word

Those two hurt as I had spoken to them earlier that day.

Who showed up? Jodie, Wonu and Tommy. We had fun – there was excessive eating and drinking – not our fault we had excess alcohol and food! I went all out with the finger party food. I spent Sunday after everyone had left, sated on my couch – didn’t move an inch. Beautiful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Becky has been calling me everyday since then – I haven’t picked up. I had a dream that we had an argument about it and I lost my temper. I don’t like losing my temper. It gets very ugly. Truly not a pretty picture – it’s one of my nasty traits. I get irritated and annoyed easily but that passes just as easily. I never truly lose my temper – as one of them psychometric tests says, I am “prone to occasional flashes of extreme temper” due to my tightly reined sense of control.

I’m scared that if I talk to her now, it would become a very big fight which truly isn’t necessary – especially as she owes me quite a substantial sum of money.

When I spoke to Ben that morning, he said that he was spending the afternoon helping Tandy out with something. I was a bit surprised as the last I could recall – he thought Tandy was a dick. I guess they kissed and made up. I still haven’t spoken to Tandy after that big confrontation. After I told him about Ben – we had an almighty row. We included – me, Ben, Tandy, with Becky sitting, watching, and listening in the background. Ben – I guess he was trying to cover for me – said that no one had done anything wrong, as he didn’t know I was with anyone and HE was the one who had been pushing for us to get together. As he later claimed – I just stood there and watched him lie. Hey! I didn’t ask him to lie and yes I was relieved. It was bad enough that Tandy was dealing with us breaking up – to then to find out that before I even told him it was over, I had been chasing someone else that he saw almost everyday – his brother’s best friend. Ouch, I know. That would have been too much – way too malicious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben didn’t show up and didn’t call me for several weeks afterwards. When he finally called, he shamefacedly admitted to giving me time to cool off. He so doesn’t get me. I was more upset that he didn’t call to say he wasn’t coming than by his not showing.

Anyways, went to Becky’s get-together. Yes I know I’m incredibly sweet and forgiving. It was all right. The theme was a ‘pimps and whores’ night. I wore an incredibly short skirt – butt cheeks flashing left right center and a see through caftan with my boobies flashing, wonderbra ago! Unfortunately, my legs hadn’t seen or felt anything closely resembling a shaving stick or cream for months. The hairs were long and on end. I figured that it was dark so no one would notice and with all my cleavage on display, no one would really look down there. Boy was I wrong!

Ben, Tim and some of their friends showed up towards the end. By this time, I was back in bed – tiredness and period cramps combined – so in a funny mood. I came out and said hi. Things were a bit awkward cos he was checking to see if I was still pissed off with him for not coming to my dinner party. It also didn’t help that they all noticed my hairy legs – lights were back on by this time – and had a merry little time laughing at me.

No comments: