Friday The 13th
Yah! It’s Friday and best of all, it’s Friday the 13th, scary movie night! I’m a horror aficionado. I love horror films, horror books, the works!
My favourite horror authors are - Anne Rice, Laurell K Hamilton & Stephen King. Now Anne Rice and Laurell K are more Goth and really not that scary but they have touches of that dark moody creepy atmosphere – the kind that will make you shut your eyes if you were watching a movie.
Speaking of movies, I am sooo that girl that goes to the cinema and peaks through her fingers at the scary bits. I remember watching “What lies beneath” with one of my girlfriends. You remember how jumpy that film was? I swear at every scene we’d be huddled on our chairs holding unto each other, peaking through our fingers, and any time anything happened, we’d squeal and jerk back. I swear that last scene where the body/ghost suddenly turns and grabs Harrison Ford’s ankle, I nearly screamed the place down. Ahh, fun times!
I learnt a new word today – triskaidekaphobia. I’m not really superstitious so I find the whole concept amusing. However I do recall some weird things happening on several Friday the 13ths. My JSCE results came out that day. Lord, that was over a decade ago … I am old! I also had another odd experience today. I got to work on time! I know!!!!! (Btw - I’m always chronically late). And I would have been at my desk on time but 2 things happened. First someone packed in my parking space so it took me 15 mins to sort that out. Finally got into the building and to the turnstiles when – duh duh duh!!!! – I realised I had left my pass in my gym bag last night (said gym back lying on the floor in my bedroom). Luckily the security guard let me in.
I am now sitting at my desk supposed to be working but instead surfing the net, reading people’s blogs and generally wasting time till I can leave at a suitable time and go do my hair. I want to do a scary movie night ideally couple with wine and cheese but I might do that tomorrow. My lover has turned me down because he’s busy. My friend is free later but is probably going to make me spend more time packing up her stuff and helping her move than watching. I want to do an all nighter watching loads of horror movies and those are no good on your own.
Speaking of all nighters, I watched Monday’s episode of Heroes last night.
Oh my God, I would have totally freaked if I was her and woke up to find myself like this. Isn’t this like one of the greatest shows ever??? It’s currently a toss up between Heroes and Grey’s Anatomy for me. I’m always reading the spoilers cos I can’t wait to know what happens.
Ok back to today – I have to find someone willing to stay up all night watching scary movies with me. And its good, Friday the 13th is in October this year. Halloween is just round the corner! Then there’s Thanksgiving, and Christmas! The holidays are here!!! Wow this year has gone fast!
Ok having sufficiently gone off track. I’m going to get back to work. Have a great weekend people.

No comments:
Post a Comment