Monday, October 23, 2006

About Me

Following in the works of other great bloggers …

Me.

My middle name means “I have found another” or “I have found a companion”. I always find tall, dark and lanky men sexy. My two things to take to a deserted island are lip balm and cotton buds (q-tips). I’m generally a sweet tooth. I’ve never had to have fillings. I’m an only child but I have several half sisters and brothers – some of whom I’ve never met and some of whom don’t know I exist. I’m a hoarder so I collect and keep things. I have a collection of almost empty perfume bottles as I love perfume and can never bring myself to finish a bottle. I love my clothes equally and try to wear all of them at least once a year – hence, I rarely clearly out my wardrobe. I have a voracious appetite for everything, books, food, sex, shoes, alcohol, music. I believe a woman can never have too much (my favourite quote is “too much is not enough”). I’m Gemini and I think I have a borderline personality disorder. I often thought of killing my stepfather and wishing my mother was dead. I can read all sorts of books but my favourites are horror and sci-fi. I can eat any and everything but my favourite is chocolate. I listen to all kinds of music but I’m tied between rock and soul music as favourites. I often know what I want but ask for people’s opinions anyway, irregardless of whether I take their advice or not. I say irregardless and anyways even though I know they are not actual words. I’m always late for work but I like my current boss cos he doesn’t care unless I get my work done. On a good day I’m described as voluptuous. I believe in re-incarnation and feel there are people in my life now that I knew before. I think I can be a very good friend. I am quite selfish. I love watching TV and I get distracted very easily. Sex and the city is still my most favourite show though Grey’s anatomy is a strong second. I make a conscious effort not to be judgemental. I wish I had carried on with my French & German. I would love to have a villa in Tuscany and a palazzo in Venice. I guess I also wish I learnt Italian. I love my mother but she sometimes drives me up the wall. I am naturally very messy so I need more and more space to accommodate my stuff. I want to have 3 children (G, B, G) the 4th would be a mistake. I would always try something once. I used to play the piano and recorder. I wanted to learn how to play the flute as well. I’ve always been boy crazy. I know too many people. I love Thai food and chocolate brownies. I am quite gadgety (and IT geek-like) for a girl. I have more male friends than female ones. I haven’t seen any of the original star wars. I am very adventurous, I love skydiving and would like to try paragliding and bungee jumping. I need to have lots of money when I’m all grown. I don’t think I’m there yet. My ideal man will have a box at a theatre. I love Opera and Ballet season. I have a huge family and I love them all. My name means a child that comes from a big family or has a big family to support her.


I dislike mornings and think they are meant to be slept in. I hate people calling me before 12pm on weekends. I hate people hanging up on me. I no longer have friends that totally get me. I realise now I never did. I am still sometimes scared of the dark. I feel short. I recently found out I’m just about 5.41/2. I thought I was taller. I compensate with heels. I get irritated very easily but rarely get angry. I have a vicious, violent temper which sometimes scares me. I wish I could be a scarier enemy. I dislike the smell of stale coffee. I sometimes think sex is overrated. I wish I was slimmer; I’ve started having fat days. I am sometimes very needy about superficial things but I hate to show weakness about the big things. I keep a lot of things bottled up and it sometimes upsets those close to me. I don’t do drugs. I don’t know if I’m capable of falling in love but I would like to try. Too many people know who I am. I am sometimes paranoid about it. I am very tribalist. I don’t know how I will feel if my father dies before I get to meet him. Right now I don’t care. I wish I didn’t keep pushing aside all my problems and coasting through life. I wish I took better care of my health. I wish I could see the future. I am very impatient. I don’t think I know how to dance particularly well albeit I dance very sexily. My favourite dance music is Ragga. I sometimes wish I could get lost in other music the same way. I stay friends with my exes – they often think they can take the piss with it till I set them straight. I don’t often take shit from people and never back down from a fight. I can be quite cold and cynical and love when I am being a bitch. I realise now I can be quite insecure and sometimes hurt the people I love in the process whether I mean to or not. I like to swear. I often do things just to annoy people or provoke a reaction. I always admit to my faults and never lie when asked a direct question. Once I cut people off, they might as well not exist. I can be very snobbish and classist. I believe people should know their place. I had a big issue with my last couple of milestone ages. I didn’t feel I had accomplished much or achieved my personal goals.

I like to feel needed. I always make a resolution to become a better person. I am still trying.

13 comments:

Noni Moss said...

Awwww thank you thank you thank you. Obviously hygiene is not a big priority for us ;-)

One of my girlfriends is always saying I'm soo white! I'm like an oreo.

Anyways - love your stuff too. We should form our own mutual appreciation club and just say how great we think the other person is all the time. :-D Have a great week.

Unknown said...

First of all you think me and ONB are great bloggers, you love us, you think we write well ... (sung in a very annoying voice)

Well done on your honesty in this ... I found myself holding back a bit but I don't think you did. Bits of it are kinda dark, like the part about having thought of killing your step father and wishing your mother was dead.

You sound just like a friend of mine, she's always calling to ask me to make decisions for her and then she just ends up not listening to me anyway! I love SATC and Grey's Anatomy too but I'll beg to differ on ballet!

I love this, I feel like you've given us an insight into your (slightly twisted) mind!

soul said...

I am now convinced that as unique as I used to think I was, there are either a few clones of me running around somewhere, or I am one of the clones running around unaware.

Too many things ring a bell with me... You know dancehall queen is still one of my favourite movies lol.. ragga is the best.

oh and I used to plan how I would pay people to beat up my pops, whilst I would be there watching dressed in black.. damn why did I let go of that rage lol..

I've struggled with commenting on here before, for some reason, I felt like I preferred just reading and not saying anything.
Blogging is becoming soo small.. you know it's like the blogging world is shrinking, and with every post I read, it seems like the voices behind it seem familiar to me.
i dunno if this makes sense to you but hmmm... I guess, you just seem familiar, maybe because I identify with some of the things you say and do.
anyway... I'll stop rambling now..
be well

Anonymous said...

i loved this. i shudder at what i would say if i ever wrote honestly, because a lot of the dark stuff resonated deeply within me, stuff that i would say if i wasnt so guarded. dang. actually, i don't see myself in anything you said at all, because you're quite twisted, and thats not me at all ;-)

is sex not the bomb?

this was fascinating reading.

Noni Moss said...

Lolll - Lawunmi - you are mad. I in no way compare to the dark twistings of your mind.

@Soul - i know what you mean. I read something someone's written and its like I lived that. Or they write something in a style that makes you think twice to check that they are not psychic. I also get quite paranoid about people knowing who i am - one cos i'm naturally neurotic and 2 cos I'm not sure I could ever be this open in my natural guise.

Anonymous said...

:-) Very interesting post. I'm going to have to read some more of your blog.

When I dance, I just dance myself silly and try not to care whose watchig!

Thanks for visiting my blog - imagine if a daddy long legs and a spider had babies...

LondonBuki said...

Hey Noni Moss... I used to play the piano and recorder!!!

We have a couple of things in common... I might try this out soon...

Noni Moss said...

@ Rose - thanks. Your blog rocks. You've given me loads of ideas of things to do or talk about. Daddy long legs + spiders ... dont even joke!

@ LondonBuki - lolll isnt that funny? I bet you played the recorder at school right?

soul said...

erm London buki is sometimes my clone...
cos I played the recorder and piano at school as well... lol

LondonBuki said...

@Noni Moss Yup at school... I remember all the recorders I had... sad I know, LOL!!!
@Soul LOL!!!

Naijadude said...

Hahha nice post.
I used to learn how to play the piano as well. I hate ppl hanging up on me. Do we get to go to Opera and Ballet season sometimes? ;) Get your ballgown ready :D
Ooh sweetie, sex is so overrated!
Why do we have so many striking features? "I wish meet my father before he dies as well" "I am impatient sometimes"

Noni Moss said...

Thanks to all the visitors and the clones are us ;-)

Naijadude - pick me up at 8? :-D

Noni Moss said...

Lolll - good spot! You have to be yoruba to get that. That's one of the few yoruba names that has a literal meaning.