Glorious Succumb-tion
So you know when there’s something you know you shouldn’t do but you do it anyway? Kinda like having that sinful chocolate fudge cake when you’re on a diet, if you’re a guy - dating that obviously psychotic but insanely hot girl, or like me buying those red shoes which look exactly like my other red ones except the shade is slightly darker and matches my new skirt perfectly. Well this weekend I succumbed despite my best intentions. I had a little rendezvous with (I need to think of a name for him) “my friend”.
Now the good thing about doing something you shouldn’t do is the enjoyment you gain. It is signified by the sublime delicious sigh you give from that first taste of chocolate, or that spine tingling ‘uuuhhh’ you emit once you see how fabulous those new shoes look on your feet, or best of all, that deep sated, tired grin you have from having a particularly energetic workout. It’s the kind of joy that lasts all day/weekend till when you’re at work trying to focus and you get a flashback of a particular motion, or when you move and feel an ache from a muscle that hasn’t been used in a while.
So, I saw “my friend” on Friday night and he ended up spending the night. Now I know I said I wasn’t going to do anything or sleep with anyone unless I really liked them but it’s been so long and it was soo good! To be honest, I cannot completely say I really like the guy but oh hell, I’m having fun for now. Plus its getting better. Initially I was all set to call it off and not go there again but we had a little talk and I’m happy to keep things as they are right now.
N.B – Update: My Lover
I wrote this about 2 weeks ago but didn’t put it up because other stuff came up which just made this seem silly in comparison. I have started referring to “my friend” as “my lover”. He is also no longer my lover in the actual sense even though I may in future refer to him as such. He has way too many issues and I refuse to get involved on that basis but we are still friends.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now carrying on the theme of doing stuff you shouldn’t do, I had a discussion with a friend who doesn’t believe in sex before marriage but is definitely having regular sex – “because I am weak”. Now I’m not religious and I try not to be judgemental so I have no qualms about people having sex. What I do have qualms about are those sanctimonious hypocrites who look down on you, feel sorry for you, and try and sprout the religious convictions in an attempt to reform you and “save your soul from the devil”. I have had several rants in the past about the religious types – ranging from the girls who continuously sleep with half of England and are sooo not discriminatory about who they sleep with, yet can be found every Sunday in church sitting in the front pews feeling holier than thou, to the very pastors themselves who sleep around with the congregation, abuse their power and defraud the people who basically put their trust and faith in their hands. I have a bee in my bonnet about hypocrites and people who cannot own up to their own mistakes. It makes me sick, but I’m in a good mood so I’m not going to go off into one. (Btw - I am by no means perfect and I believe rules are made to be broken (including my own). However I own up to my mistakes and don’t try and impose my personal rules/beliefs on other people).
My theme was doing things you shouldn’t do and I’ve admitted to breaking my pact. I was reading ONB’s blog and she’s talking about a friend who’s got all involved in an obsessed way with a bad guy. Reminds me of my friend who’s thinking of going back to her ex. Suffice to say he’s a very bad ex (and he hasn’t changed). However she still loves him and is willing to believe he has changed and is considering getting back. I didn’t feel it my place to judge/comment/tell her off cos she’s a grown woman and she can take care of herself. I’ve decided to stop acting like everyone’s damn mother and let people live their lives. I just wish her the best of luck and will be there to support her, whatever happens.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2 – Friday the 13th struck!
3 strikes; bad luck comes in threes, whatever you want to call it. Me and Cars.
A couple of weeks ago, I wrote that I got my car back. It would seem that in the last 1/2 months, I’ve had a run of bad luck with my car.
First – I backed up over a slope and went too far, running into some corner railings in the process. I smashed up the right tail lights of the car, dented the bumper and the body work. It didn’t seem like it was that bad until I got the bill for over a £1,000 so it had to go on my insurance. About a week and some days later I got my car back.
The very next night, I went to pick up my friend and some idiotic, tosspot, fucking wanker, who was going to fast in a residential area with double parked cars, ran the stop sign and slammed into the side of my car. Luckily no one was hurt. Despite the fact that his car was a write-off, I wasn’t happy. My baby had to go back in and I got a replacement car.
My hire car is quite nice. Very big, spacious and quite sleek. Also brand new. “A bad-boy car” my friend calls it. Now I drove to work on Friday, went home to do my hair, (which is beautiful by the way – it feels like Oyinbo hair, no lie!) went to pick my friend up, went to my cousins place, chilled, dropped my friend back home and went back to my house. Somehow during one of the time I parked the car, some oloshi, bastard, scraped my bumper. I didn’t even notice until my mother asked me what I did to the car or who hit me. The back is clearly scarped, they scratched the paint work and you can see black smears where their paint rubbed off on it. And this is the hire car I got because my car was in accident. And it is a brand new car! What the fuck am I going to say to them? Plus I didn’t even realise what happened so I don’t know who did it or when! I am soo upset. My insurance is just going to go through the roof! Ok I just wanted to vent.
And ofcourse, it is just a coincidence that it happened on Friday ;-)

5 comments:
Thanks sweetie and thanks for always checking in :-D
Well written post... all that Friday the 13th talk sef! LOL!!!
Sorry about the car... I had so much bad luck with my car, I've stopped driving it... it's slowly rotting away.
Oh yeah about the hypocrites... I go to church, I know sex before marriage is not Godly... I am still working on that in my life so there's no time to preach to people about that one...
Enjoy your week :-)
Thanks LB - you too.
Poor you and all the bad luck you're having with your car... look at the bright side though, if bad luck really comes in threes then you're done! No more bad luck with your car anymore ... I pray!
Post a Comment