Thursday, November 23, 2006

Blonde Moment

So I get to work this morning at my usual late straggling time, and everyone is already in the office, working and settled. I press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to type in my login. My monitor flashes with this message - Signal Cable Not Connected. I start to look around thinking - have I knocked something out? Have my heels pierced something by mistake? What's going on?


Anyways - I call IT and log a report. They say someone would be down soonish. I sit and wait but start to feel weird cos everyone else is working and it would be weird to just sit at my desk and start reading a book or paper. (Plus the fact that I can be very high strung and impatient). I thus decide to go and hassle the IT people. I march over to their department and kick a fuss that they haven't answered my (obviously) high priority request. One of them gets up and follows me to my desk.


On getting there, he takes one look and asks a simple question - "Have you turned on the computer?"

I am never going to live this down. (This is almost as bad as my friend who once said "Oh so you're doing an MBA? MBA in what?")


Have a nice day people! It's almost Friday!

14 comments:

LondonBuki said...

I AM FIRST!!!

Vickii, don't hate!!!

Let me read the post... LOL!!!

LondonBuki said...

LOL!!!! Are you serious????

LOL, I have heard that MBA question before oh!

Noni Moss said...

Lolll - you have? So there are other stupid people like my friend - or maybe it was my friend you heard about! Ha ha ha - she's famous! I'll tell her.

And yes - you cant imagine how dumb i felt - especially as i had kicked up such a fuss. Loll - i never thought i'd be one of those people.

Unknown said...

Lol @ LB, I let you be first since I'm always first here, I thought I'd give someone else a chance ha ha ha

But even greater laughs for you noni, ha ha ha ha ha. I've had some blonde moments but honestly, I think you've just blown them all out of the water! The funniest thing was that you actually filed a complaint, and then when to chase them about your serious and important problem ha ha ha ha ha!

I'm finding this very funny if you hadn't realised!

Uzo said...

Oh dear! R u serious? This is ehm, well.....There are no words. LOL

soul said...

oh Gawd!!!
you know you are now the stuff of folklore in the IT support dept! lol.

okay now that I'[m done pointing, laughing, and slapping my knee at such high jinxs...


hmmmph! it can happen to anyone jare.. hold your head up high, you were keeping the bods in check. just to make sure they knew what they were doing.
and their response to a high priority call was slow. you should be commended for your inpromptu caller response testing.

Noni Moss said...

Lolll - i wish i could get away with that but the dumbfounded (hahaha - dumb-found - just really got the meaning now - pun intended) look gave it away.

Naijadude said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Naijadude said...

Hahah! Just tell me you turned on the computer, so I could feel better!!

Yes now, MBA in what? heheh

LondonBuki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bella Naija said...

LMAO...
Reminds me of me running around one morning looking for my glasses...I was like noooo..where are they, I cant see....then I went to take a shower...suddenly i couldnt see clearly...i was looking through wet lenses...u guessed it! I was wearing them the whole time....lol

anyway, have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh Dear!! You must have been tiredf from all the commutting to work that u forgot u hadnt yet switched on the computer.
LOL at MBA in what. That one don pass Senior 'ODE' !!!

yellow ibo girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose Ghost said...

To which my answer would have been: 'How the hell can the monitor be showing anything if the pc isn't switched on?'

Oh hang on...oh....

I hate computers.