Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Happenstances

So I haven’t posted in a while. I’ve been busy. Busy with life and busy catching up with other people’s blogs. I’ve also not had much to say. For the past week and a bit, people have been discussing some very heavy and painful topics. From Domestic abuse – a la OWNB’s page (which reminded me of previously blocked memories of peering through the banisters) – to rape on Soul’s page and the male take on Lawunmi’s page (as well as the resulting commentary arising from this in several other blogs. Suffice to say, the main issue on people’s minds is how men with sick twisted minds and inclinations, are hell bent on breaking down women’s spirits to feel good about themselves. I’m not going to discuss this anymore as it has been covered most expertly on several other sites.


I want to move on to something light hearted and fun. I have a cyber-crush. Lolll – I laugh every time I think this, because it is soo silly. I’ve recently discovered someone’s blog and this person just appeals to me. I check for updates constantly and voraciously comment on everything they write. I even look out for their comments on other people’s blogs and often refer to them. I’ve become a blog-stalker! :-D. Now no-one ask me who it is (you can guess – but I shan’t tell) cos we all know how there are like 2 degrees of separation in Nigerian circles. I would die of embarrassment if they found out. Ha ha ha – I feel like I’m 13 again but oh it’s fun!


I had what one can only call a VERY EXPENSIVE WEEKEND. First of all my computer wasn’t charging. It cut out on me 30 mins into Heroes. Sooo not cool! I decided to leave work early on Friday, and drive to my computer guy in town, in the hopes that it would be a quick fix and I could get it back that night. I got there and was informed that I had broken my motherboard and would have to replace it at the grand cost of £470. A couple hundred more and I could buy a new laptop! However, I love my baby and I spent about 3 times that when I bought her plus she still has top of the range specs, so I decided to shell out the cash. I don’t even want to think of what that £470 could be doing right about now – that’s at least 3 pairs of shoes.


My car got towed. I swear I’ve had my new car about 2 weeks and boom; I’m already paying through my nose. Yes, I parked somewhere stupid, but I swear I read the signs and somehow it didn’t click. I had been driving in non-moving traffic for like 2 hours and it got dark. When I finally got to my destination, I was tired, hungry & cranky. The only empty space was beside a church. The parking sign said Mon – Sat, 8am – 6.30pm, get a ticket. Max stay 1 hr. Even though I knew it was 16.46 (shown on the car clock), it somehow didn’t register that this was before 6.30pm and I happily parked and went to see my friend. We spent hours gisting, watching dvds and generally hanging out. We got dressed to meet some other people for drinks and stepped out only to see another car in my space. At first I was confused – “My car is gone! I know I parked my car right here in front of the church but it has disappeared!” I then started to think – could it have been stolen? On a busy road, Saturday night, and in front of a church?!?!? Someone now suggested calling the number on the parking meter. I called and found out they had towed it and I would have to pay £190. £190???? Why??????????? WHY LORD WHY???????????????????????


I immediately got a headache just thinking about it. My phone was ringing cos my other friends were wondering where we were. I just wanted my car back. I jumped in a cab and headed to the pound. I paid my fine and picked up my car only to be stuck in another stupid bout of traffic. I was not a happy bunny. I decided to call off the evening, dropped my friend off and went home. On my way, I remembered I had to pay my congestion charge from the day before and reminded myself to do it soon as I got home. For some reason there was traffic everywhere that day and I didn’t get home till 23.54 with my headache almost blinding me. I got home and tried to relax. I was almost dropping off to sleep when I remembered I hadn’t paid the congestion charge. I high-tailed it to the nearest petrol station. By this time it was 12.46am and I was nicely informed that it was too late to pay Friday’s charge. Great. Just Great! My head practically exploded with pain and frustration. I shall be expecting some stupid fine thanks to the kind Mayor of London, sometime this week.


Finally, to top it off, I’M NOT GOING TO NIGERIA FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! How sucky is that? Besides the fact that I am now obviously broke, there are no more flights! Plus, it is quite ironic – I never used to go back for Christmas and always felt very tush and happy with myself. I went back for the first time 2 years ago, and had sooo much fun I went back the following year. Now I’m not going, I don’t know what to do with myself! It’s not even about Christmas cos I always spend that here with my wonderful family (plus I have to be here for the start of the sales) it’s more New Year’s. Prior to going to Nigeria, I used to have a little get together and would have friends over. We would see the New Year in with lots of food and alcohol then go out to a party after 12. Now the dynamic of my friendships have changed (including the fact that I’ve cut a lot of people off – even more so recently) – most of my friends will be in Nigeria. The others that are here will be in Church. Not that I’m knocking it, I just don’t go to Church. Thus I’m left with a dilemma. What will I do with myself for New Year’s? What is there to do in London? I’m thinking maybe I should go away… somewhere warm … like Goa, or Nigeria! (Insert mad melodramatic wail)


Lolll – life sucks! But I have my cyber-crush so I’m happy. Hope you all have a great week!

28 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your made up word happenstances!

I really like it when people blog about lots of different issues on one post, I'm going to try it.

Shame about your computer and your car being clamped and your fine... it has been a hell of an expensive weekend for you!

Okay, I have to ask? Who is your cyber crush???? Tell us!! If you don't tell us then I'll ask you every single time you post something new! Maybe they have a cyber crush on you to, point is, if you don't reveal it, then you'll never know ... tell us!

Noni Moss said...

KISS MY ASS! Maybe you're my cyber-stalker "miss always first to comment on my blog"

Lollllllll

Unknown said...

ptcheeeeeeeew! This is cyber-war!

Noni Moss said...

Lollll - who do you think it is? and Lolll @ "even JESUS RECOGNIZES THAT YOU DONT COME TO CHURCH>"

soul said...

erm cyber crush.. selfish ashewo oshi!.
What happened to us being clones. You know.. you are suppposed to share the crushes now... haba!

ala (whitney houston)
your crush is my crush and
my crush is your crush
it will take an eternity to break us.....

lol.
Oh and if 'baby' (your machine) is hurting, lemme know.. I might be able to save you some wad.

erm and I had to give up the car honey, firstly I moved into an area which meant my insurance was starting to cost like a quarter of the value of the car, I couldn't drive to work without crossing that blasted congestion zone, as well as having a damn near accident every 1000 yards, cos some idiot didn't indicate, wasn't paying attention e.t.c..
and it was only being driven really on a weekend. I got fed up.
I miss it, especially when I'm on the tube with the great unwashed british public and the nasty ass men who pick their nostrils and eat it
but damn it i don't miss the freaking bills.

Noni Moss said...

Lollllll - my dear "my crush is your crush" - you should know who my crush is then! hahaha
(Darling - dont worry - you know you're still my biggest crush)

About the machine - ahh - thanks but its all sorted. Next time if anythign goes wrong - i'll be quick to holler.

As for the great unwashed british publie - I feel you!! Luckily work is just short of the congestion zone and I can drive in when i need to, so its not too bad. the bills however ... I dont know. It makes life hell of a lot easier for me though. It's like now I cant imagine living without it. Addisson Lee are no longer No 2 on my speeddial and I'm not spending soo much going out (also cos I dont drink as much). But we'll see.

Isn't it funny how my "babies" are my dearest possessions - my laptop and my car? :-) I have issues. Gasp! Maybe I'm broody!!!! (lollll - jus' kidding!) anyone remember or get this? - http://www.mjfweb.net/funny/dog/

Noni Moss said...

Sorry that link doesnt work - try this which is just teh funniest thign ever!

http://www.bootstrike.com/LaughterHell/Featured/kick12.html

soul said...

try this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iX1gXHacF8

oh and erm you know there's somthing I've been meaning to do, but I haven't. hmmmm...

Bella Naija said...

@ your cyber crush...i think i know who it is...lol!

anyway, tht was really quite a mad weekend u had...oh well its one of those things...

u should blog more often!

ciao

LondonBuki said...

£470 + £190??? I don't have that kinda money oh! I would have been WEEPING!!! Pele!

It's so convenient having a car in London but it is too expensive - speed cameras, stupid parking fines, towing, congestion charge, insurance, road tax, unexpected car troubles - there is a CONSPIRACY!!!

I am planning on going to Nig after the New Year, I am one of those who are in church on New Year's Eve... since I can remember, Xmas, New Year's Eve and Day are family or church occassions, so no partying! Are you 100% sure you cannot find a flight? Even KLM?

I have Episode 9 of Heroes begging to be watched, it better not be slow like the last 3 have been oh!

Cyber-Crush? Inspector Buki is on the case ;-)

Hope you enjoy the rest of your week... :-)

Noni Moss said...

Thanks Buki. I donr have money for a flight hence i'm not going although i'm beginning to think more about it now. Just downloadeed Episode 9 - Suresh has powers! I knew he was going to get some. But yeah fingers crossed - maybe its the big homecoming one where they need to "save the cheerleader!" Plus Hiro?? He's stuck in a rift i think.

LondonBuki said...

Suresh has powers??? Thank God for that cos I was praying for his demise. He pisses me off with that bloody accent!!!

They should Save the Cheerleader ALREADY!!!!

Noni Moss said...

Lolll - yes oh! He does - he can time travel through his dreams - that's how he knew about his father leaving and how he died etc.

LondonBuki said...

Ummm, Noni Moss, is that the DRY power he has???

Why do some people have DRY powers? Like that waitress... "oooh, I am clever" So what??? Now Suresh can time travel in his sleep??? Will that put food on the table???

Can you tell I can't stand him??? LOL!!!

BTW, Taye Diggs new show just started in the US - Daybreak... I am thinking of trying it... heard about it?

Noni Moss said...

Yeah I have - I dont know - i cant see it lasting more than a season - it's like groundhog day. I think there are only soo many episodes they can have before he gets it right - then what? It's supposed to be doing quite well so i dont know. I'll see if it doesnt get cancelled then I'll start watching it.

Loll - leave Suresh alone. That girl is pivital! She's like a walking computer! Could be quite handy - and she would be Hiro's love interest! I love Hiro - although he gets all dark and serious :-(

LondonBuki said...

I know, the plot is not orginal... we'll see sha.

I can't believe Hiro becomes dark and serious with an AMERICAN accent! I like nerdy Hiro, he is the BEST.
Walking Computer/Pivital(?), she better be able to do something more OR ELSE!!! LOL!

Noni Moss said...

Loll - sorry i meant pivotal. She's important oh jare- what if they need to know somethign and none of them do? instant knowledge database. And Hiro needs some girl action as well!

Lolll - yeah i love nerdy hiro.

Unknown said...

LB and Noni Moss, have I not said this enough times, stop spoiling the story for the rest of us!

I'm not surprised at Noni but Buki, I expected more of you!

I'll start watching some show that you two haven't started yet and post a scene by scene description on here ... that'll teach you both!

Noni Moss said...

But then you see, if she's anything like me, we like to know! So please! :-D Go ahead!

Although - truth be told, i didn;t watch the previews for the last grey's anatomy cos i wanted to wait till i watched it. but that's cos I get soo impatient, i want to watch like now!

LondonBuki said...

Vickii, it's Noni Moss, she's making me do this... I don't mean to... I'm sorry...*sniff*

;-)

Oh yeah, Grey's Anatomy!!! I can't wait to watch this week's episode!!!

Noni Moss said...

Loll - yeah nice try LB - but this time you started it!

I've got grey's downloaded - watching tonight. But then I'm tempted to wait for tonights episode to show so i can download it and watch them together.

Unknown said...

You did start it LB! Please don't tell me what happens on Greys, I've got the last two episodes but I'm hanging on for a couple of weeks because I can't just watch one episode, I like to relax on the weekend and watch three or four in a row, SO NO GREY'S SPOILERS YOU TWO!!!

Uzo said...

Heroes? LOL. Never seen an episode of it. Also, this cybercrush thing. I have to figure this out. Wait a minute. Why am i so curious. LOL

Noni Moss said...

HEROOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! OMG - like totally amazing!!!!!!!!!! LB have you watched it yet?

soul said...

okay hold up!
Noni/.. who the fuck is Suresh and why are you giving him some?.
Are you getting some undercova loving that your are not sharing?.

okay , you two wenches (you and london buki) have been going on and on about this forever and in the process you have thrashed my CSI VEGAS (buki .. CSI vegas is the original CSI)

I dunno where in holy heaven you guys are downloading stuff from but I expect to get an email from one of you wicked ladies with links to the dl locations either that or a copy of the dvd left at a secret location ...ohhhh nice idea.. hmmm

anyway..
checking mailbox for emails

LondonBuki said...

*********** VICKII LOOK AWAY NOW***************

Ummm.... ofcourse I watched Heroes!!!

Suresh has no BLOODY powers, he is DRY!!! Why o Why is he in the show???

Is he supposed to be a Hero-Finder or sumink???

I am going to start a campaign - KILL MOHINDER SURESH OFF!!!!LOLLL!!!

I missed Hiro in this episode and was so happy to see his face right at the end, if only for a few seconds!

As for Peter Petrelli... can he, like, die already??? I know he won't...please can you explain why he was able to fix his twisted ankle long after the 'cheerleader' was gone... I thought he could only absorb powers nearby...

I liked this episode but Micah and his father are getting on my nerves as well...

Ok, I gotta run now... have a busy day ahead ofme.

P.S. Soul, we'll hook you up ;-)

soul said...

Buki..

Now you are just begging for it!
I'm going to spank you (ohh nice) lol

LondonBuki said...

LOL!!!!