Patronising
Patronising: - adj : (used of behavior or attitude) characteristic of those who treat others with condescension
Condescending: - To descend to the level of one considered inferior; lower oneself
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Background – Mimi sent a group email out about Ben’s dinner. Ben is a cute guy we all know and whom I had a thing for a while back (he's really hot ;-)) but nothing happened and we became friends.
Mimi - My husband (jokey term for the guy in question who’s name is Ben) is having a dinner this Saturday. Not sure of venue as yet but he asked me to pass it on. And like the faithful fiance I am, I am doing so.
K - sorry i think I'm having a blonde weave moment- but who is Ben?
Mimi – Ben … the guy who proposed to me at Abacus back in Feb. Wedding is next summer people get your wrappos ready. LOL
K - ohh right- whats the dinner in aid of???
Me - new wife - aka Noni ;-)
Mimi - wateva minger....i dont see no ring on your finger. Plus Rice Krispies have not been putting the fake plastic rings in their boxes recently so tough luck! You will have to wait.
He has finished uni....starts new job..just wanted to do a dinner
K - I'm sorry.....is he the first????- most of us have finished uni & statrted new jobs- 3 times over to be precise- we didnt have dinner to celebrate becoming a wage slave or corporate ho
Me - Oh shut up K - leave the boy alone. If he wants to celebrate finishing his masters then let him. He's been busy/focused on his exams and hasn't really made time for anyone so this is his attempt to reach out and unwind.
K - OH and we all know why ur backing his corner Noni
Me - Oh pls pray do tell, what would that be?
K - I'm not in the business of stating the obvious
Me - Oh really - but you are in the business of being unnecessarily aggressive and condescending? (casing point - jumping down the boy's throat for wanting to have a dinner?)
Or should we say gauche since you're the only person who seems to think it odd that he's planning a dinner to celebrate completing his masters and getting a good job?
K - Noni - calm the hell down -it was a joke... what is it because i forgeot to put lol at the end- chill abeg...stop gettin ahead of yourself
Me - Oh now it's a joke? Oh pls. :-p
(To me personally -away from the group emails)
K - u know what Noni- stop gettin ur thongs twisted- since when was i ever aggresive- condescending yeah....
stop fending it 4 the guy theres nuthing to fend- get it thru ur head
Me - Oh pls, you only said you were kidding cos we called you out on it. You were slightly aggressive with your "I'm sorry.....is he the first????", even now you're being aggressive - "stop fending it 4 the guy theres nuthing to fend- get it thru ur head"
Plus you were definitely condescending not just to him but your comment about me as well - an apology would be nice
K - F*CK U NONI- theres your apology...
Me - That is such a pathetic comeback it doesn't deserve a response.
K - and you are responding because.....
Me – That wasn't a response to your comment - it was merely informing you of my intentions, sort of like saying no comment, but the sort of thing you'd say to a petulant child; which by the way incase you missed it, is how you're behaving.
K - remind me again why you are emailing a 'petulant child'- give me a break & fade
Me - Because unfortunately for you, the petulant child is my friend and I feel it my duty to educate her on the error of her ways.
K - thanks I'm now fully educated- i feel better about myself- now will you just give it up & get off your high horse
Me - You're welcome. It was my pleasure. :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 comments:
YESSSS!!!!!!!
FIRST!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Three posts in one day, you're on fire!
Interesting convo!
Loll - I know I'm on fire! No complaints about not blogging for a while then.
honestly though..
talk about someone trying to throw sand in your garri...
haba I'd throw a dinner part every night I finsh work if I could.
If she didn't like it, why attend..you know I really dislike when people are condescending or can't say anything good just because
that right there is bollocks..
Me I woulda been like... ehhhn is there free food.
I'd be like
'you betta call ole boy and tell him that because he finished a masters we have to celebrate twice oh! one dinner is not enough oh..
we have to eat for the first degree, then for the masters...
haba we have to then do dinner for awon ebi that can't be here
and then dinner fun awon grand folks
me I would be doing awoof..
you can tell that binsh is not an Ijebu girl
Why would she act like that? Some sort of rivalry going on or what?
She needs to slow her roll, homeboi needs to celebrate and have dinner.
Nice blog eh!
i had a friend like that once.. you're better off without.
just out of curiousity.....are you two still friends?
No. I had put up a post about removing her and another girl from my list of friends but i took that down when i realised that people might be able to twig who i was. So no - we are not friends anymore.
Post a Comment