Sick as a dog
So I have a cold. Yes I had the option of taking the flu jab but precisely cos I didn’t want to feel like this, I didn’t. (don’t attempt to try and understand the logic of that) I’m normally quite healthy, but for the last year or so, stress, bad habits, and general not paying attention to my health led to the immense depletion of my immune system. I’ve been trying to build it up ever since (also why I didn’t want to take the flu jab).
Anyways, I’m stuck at work on a cold dreary day when I’d rather be huddled under my duvet sleeping. My head is all bunged up, my nose is dripping, my throat is scratchy and I’m cold! For some insane reason, facilities management in my building seem to think that despite the freezing temperatures outside and the fact that it is officially not summer, they still have the air conditioners on, blowing COLD AIR!!! Yes I would make a terrible patient (hence I don’t get sick that often) and I’m in a very moaney, complainey mood today.
I’m sniffling every 5 seconds, I’m shivering in my hard uncomfortable seat that wont stand straight so it can support my back, and I didn’t have tissue in my bag for the tube. The worst thing about having a cold is having a drippy nose when you’re on the tube with no tissue!!! I mean, what are you supposed to do in that sort of situation? Have snot dribbling down your face, wipe it on your sleeve (eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww) keep sniffling and trying to hold it back in every second? Plus the sounds!!!!! I hate the sound of someone sniffling all the time. It bugs me even when I do it! I’m like – get a damn tissue or go and blow your nose! Ok life sucks and I’m a moaney bitch but you are reading my blog so deal with it! Ha!
Seeing as I’m feeling so contrary, I’m going to give you a list of my pet peeves. See if I can get to 10.
- Being sick. For obvious reasons
- Stupid books.
In search of pretty black men has to be the worst book in the planet. I blame a certain someone for bringing it into my vicinity even though she did tell me to throw it out. It is soo badly written with such a stupid premise … I can’t even begin to go into how bad it is. I didn’t get beyond the 1st chapter and that’s cos the prologue was about 2 (?) pages.
A review – “You can see glimpses of Clay's talent in some very poetic passages - but they are too rare and far between to save this book. The sexual descriptions are graphic, but unnecessarily so. This is a man who either doesn't know women, only hangs with shallow women, or hates them. The women do not ring true and are simply pathetic. According to Clay, EVERY man is gay and/or enjoys sexual experiences with men. In this brother's world, heterosexual men do not exist, which would explain why the women are so extra'd out, stereotypical, and more like characitures of females than actual, believealbe people. The plot twists cease to be compelling after the initial shocker, which is just absurd. The whole book is rather absurd and ridiculous. Women killing themselves and a women actually finding sexual pleasure in doing so is just pathetic. My entire book club hated this book and others had seen Clay's work before so were very disappointed. If you like grahpic sex - read it. But if you also like tightly woven plots, realistic characters, sensible story progression, or deep and true exploration - DON'T read this book. The only deep character was (surprise!) a gay man who lived his life in the closet and only his relationship with his father seemed to be a good story - the rest was crap.” - The smell of stale coffee
No, I am not pregnant. The smell of stale coffee is soo nauseating. Like the instant I finish my cup, I have to throw it away or move it as far from me as possible. Much less some one’s forgotten cup that has been lying there for hours … - Rotting Food
Rotting food in the sink – oh my word, how lazy or dirty do you have to be to not empty the plates before you put it in the sink? (I know someone who did this – until a guy expressed his disgust and pointed out the possibility of rats. I was just the nagging friend she wouldn’t listen to) If you were washing the dishes straight away, it’s maybe acceptable but to now leave it there for days and stink up the whole place???
Rotting food anywhere else – I hate it when food goes off and I have to dispose of it and wash the dishes/pots/utensils afterwards. ALWAYS makes me heave. - Spiders
Actually, insects in general (one of the things I hate about summer) but spiders are the worst. Yucky, skin crawling, disgusting creatures. Daddy long legs – I don’t know if they are worse as they are like FLYING SPIDERS … Urrgghhh! (shudder). Next are slugs and worms ….. gross! - Not finishing a game
It bugs me. I’ve been known to stay up for hours attempting to finish some stupid game that any normal person would have given up on and gone to sleep. Yes I tend to play games just before I go to bed. Please don’t ask me why … - Cheap shoes
Are an eyesore. Cheap shoe stores should all be bombed. - Rain
Unless it’s summer and it’s a light drizzle and I’m feeling all girly, twirling in the rain cos I’m sexy, kinda way. Only under those conditions. Otherwise rain sucks. - Ok struggling a little here … ah ha! People who chew with their mouth open or smack when the eat.
One of the most annoying sounds on earth. I feel like slapping them stupid and taking the food away as they CLEARLY don’t deserve it. I don’t care how hungry you are or where you are. Good lord, do manners not count for anything anymore? - Finally. Didn’t think I’d get here but here we are. Number 1 pet peeve that I CANNOT STAND OR WILL NOT TOLERATE – People hanging up on me. Do it and you die. Truly.

9 comments:
I have read some more than stupid books in my time so I totally feel you.
LOL @ Cheap shoe stores should all be bombed. I hate the rain in England cos it never really rains, it drizzles all day... HOW ANNOYING!!!
I saw this guy chewing with his mouth open on the street, I felt like slapping his mouth shut!
Feel better... drink loadsa fluids ok... The day will soon be over! Have tissue in your bag at all times, we don't want you wiping your snotty hands on the tube seats or poles... YUCK!!!
Lolll - that was quick. Yeah thanks. I've started coughing now! I have the packs of tissue packed in my bag as we speak ...
LOL, I think I came to your blog immediately after you published the post... :-)
I can't believe I did not mention how much I hate spiders! More than anyone on this earth!!!
Take care...
I hate drizzles, its annoying and depressing!
I hate change of weather, it comes with a bout of sinus for me!
I hate sneezing and sniffling, makes me feel uncomfortable!!
I can stand cheap shoe stores, anything but cheap clothes..ewww, I cant stand them, call me high-maintainance!
I hate roaches!
I think thats enough for my rantings!! Hahah
Lolll - I hate roaches too but I haven't had to deal with any since last Christmas in Nigeria ;-)
Lol Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for you and I hope you get better soon but I can't help laughing because I can sense how tired and irritable you're feeling ... and understandably so! Feel better!
I pity anyone who gets on your bad side today!
Lol at your cheap shoes and rain rants - very funny!
Entertaining post as usual!
noni...
hmmph.. pele. it seemes like we work in the same bloody building. it's soo bloody cold and I've got a freaking cold sore on my lip. arrrgh.
Get well soon ok, and I refuse to take the flu jab because it really only prevents one strain for a season and not all the other strains and I think you then have to keep getting the jab every season.
On the books issue... There are times when I really wonder why...
You know just 'WHY'.
I think we shoul all get together and write a book.. lol.
It would be hot.
Hope u feel better...take loads of fluids.
1982 - loll yeah you dont want to be around me when i'm ill.
@ OWNB - you have a stalker too? lollll yeah mine has sorta eased up now thank goodness. And your flatmate sniffs your underwear? eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww pele.
Soul - lol you know what, we really should. who knows, we might get published that way.
Funmi - thank you my dear. actually thanks all you guys - i'm feeling better already.
Post a Comment